Tuesday, October 6, 2015

One Week and Counting!

Well, I guess I've got a week until I leave! Crazy! 

     So I've had my call since June. It feels like I have been waiting forever, but at the same time, it has gone by so fast. I am grateful for the time I've had to wait and prepare, but for most of the time, I just psyched myself out. I thought way too much about all the things I was scared for. Which I shouldn't have, but I did. 



     Surprisingly, I am calm. In fact, I am excited. Which is something I have wanted for a long time. Before, while I was sitting in my fears, I felt guilty that I wasn't more excited. But now I can honestly say that I am. I know that I am supposed to serve a mission, and I know that I have been called by inspiration and by God's servants here on this earth to serve in Taipei, Taiwan. I have always felt that way, but I wasn't focused on my purpose for going, and who I would be serving. And when I was able to focus on that, my nerves were calmed and I began to feel excited! And I am so grateful!

     I feel ready. I haven't studied Preach My Gospel as much as I would like, but I didn't know how to, and I was stressed because I didn't know what I was supposed to remember, and how I would be teaching it, etc. Which I probably didn't need to know, but it was just hard for me to go through it because I felt like I wasn't productive. Hopefully I will pick it up fast! 

     I'm so excited! And I feel so grateful for the important purpose that I feel as a future missionary. It has inspired me so much to do everything I can to grow, and improve myself. I want to be the best missionary I can, and I just hope that when I'm having a hard time I will still be motivated to do my best! 

     I hope all of you will write me once or twice! I would love to hear everything that's going on, and of course tips and advice that you may have! Love you all!!!

Love, 
Cecily Roberts
(Future Sister Missionary)

No comments:

Post a Comment