Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Week 32: Faith ... it's a hard one

Hello everyone!

This week was really great and kinda hard! Really, I don't have much to say. 

Thursday we had temple tours and it was so awesome. We saw so many miracles. It was a Thursday so the temple isn't very busy. BUT we had 7 tours AND 3 were random people off the street!! What? That never happens!!! SO amazing! We had a temple tour training last week and I was so excited for this week because I knew through preparation that we would see miracles. And we did! Yea that's basically it :) 

This week... I really don't know what to say. We just had a lot of finding time. And didn't really find anyone. It's just been a real test of my faith. District meeting was all about being positive and it's something I've been working on a lot. It's really humbling when you don't find investigators, and when all your few investigators are too busy to meet and aren't willing to make time, and just tough. 

Also Rachel, she was scheduled to be baptized next week but the day of her baptismal interview she told us she wasn't ready to be baptized. She was a little worried about a man helping her be baptized and she just has a lot of stress. She also said she doesn't feel like she has met Jesus yet. But she doesn't pray everyday, and doesn't read everyday (she doesn't like reading), so we don't really know how to help her. She says every time we meet with her it causes her a little stress because she knows we are going to tell her to read and pray. We are just going to give her a little break. 

And other than that, we have no one else to report on, and it's hard. I am trying so hard to stay positive, and to have faith that the field is white and ready to harvest. We pray over where we go, we pray all the time about which direction we should head, we talk to everyone we can, we are obedient, we are doing all that we know how to do! It's just a little frustrating. Anyway. I learned that I am being tested. Through prayer, I've felt I just need to be patient, and I was reading a talk in the 2014 Feb Liahona by Elder Scott and found this:

"Even if you have the strongest faith, God will not always reward you immediately according to your desires. Rather, He will respond a piece at a time with what in His eternal plan is best for you. Your continuing exercise of faith will forge strength of character available to you in times of critical need. Such character is not developed in moments of great challenge or temptation. That is when it is used."

I know that this is true. I am becomming who God wants me to be and He knows that I need this experience of not having people to teach, and the struggle of finding investigators. I'm so grateful for the struggle and I'm just trying to be patient. Sorry my e-mail isn't really full of stuff and I hope it wasn't sad haha. 

I love you all! Don't forget to read and pray everyday!!!

Love,
Sister Roberts



Red Velvet Pancake from Julie Lanshe

No comments:

Post a Comment