Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 29: San Chong Week #2

Hi Everyone,

We'll, I've survived a week and I'm perfectly fine!!! 

I'm fine now with biking in the city, and I've healed well. My tailbone still hurts though but only sometimes.

This week we did a lot of finding. We have a few investigators but I don't feel any of them are completely solid. So it's been interesting trying to figure out what they need and how we can help them build their faith. And one investigator Zhang JM, told us she doesn't want to get baptized. Well, a member told us Zhang JM called her and told her she doesn't want to get baptized. We haven't been able to meet with her yet but we just need to address her fears and talk to her. It's hard because I've been thinking a lot about what to share with her, but I don't know. 

We have another investigator but his baptismal date isn't until June because he can't come to church until middle of May. So that's kind of a bummer, but he's cool. He’s 21 and he dances and is just cool. We weren't able to meet with him this week but as far as I know he's reading and praying.

We taught Zhou JM about the Word of Wisdom last Sunday and doing our daily contact, we again found out through a member that it was stressing her out. Both us and members being in contact with her every day is stressing her out. We also weren't able to meet with her this week.

We met a super cool guy this week named Yang DX. He said he isn't happy. He's got a lot of bad background and just isn't happy. He's about 30. And it's awesome because I can just feel how much he needs this gospel, and he's curious. Now we just need to make that curiosity and make it faith. But we might hand him off to the Elder's because their Chinese is better and he's also a guy. We will see. 

I miss Tai Dong but the city is good. I'm glad to be doing new things, especially breaking someone. I hope you all understand how crazy that is. She is 6 weeks behind me. So we are both VERY new missionaries. Basically God and President Jergensen must trust us a lot. It's cool though because we had a new member fireside for all the Tai Bei missionaries and seeing all the other missionaries and everyone just made me grateful of who I am. I just felt like I am doing what’s right. I don't know why I felt that way but for the first time I felt like I was doing ok and that I didn't have this constant yearning to improve. That probably didn't make sense. Basically, I'm proud of who I am, and can't wait to be better. It's cool because we both are really new missionaries. BUT I have never felt "I can't do this, or I don't know what I am doing" It's just this feeling of "I'm doing all that I know how to do right now. What can I do better?" So it’s interesting. 

We had stake conference this Saturday and Sunday and it was good. Elder Wong from the 70 is doing a mission tour right now, and he attended stake conference. He's from Hong Kong and spoke Chinese, English, and Cantonese. It was really cool. I actually understood most of the meeting. Still a little hai hao. (So so). None of the speakers spoke of this, but I really felt from Elder Wong's message that I knew these things were true. I know that the Savior lives, and that He is REAL. And I just had this question, “What can I do to put more "power" into my words? Or how do I speak with more conviction?” Because I felt like I had been just saying the words "We share about Jesus Christ". And I don't want to do that. I want to remember and think about how I know this is true as I testify to someone. So I did that yesterday and it was awesome, because I felt the Spirit testify to me.

I should probably tell you more about Sister Wong.  She is from Seattle WA but her parents are from China. She wants to be a dietitian so that's super cool, cause I also want to. She also loves to cook. So she cooks for us almost every day! And that's even better because I don't know if you remember but I want to learn to cook! And she's like basically who I want to be. She just looks at what she has and just cooks. She said "You just cook until it tastes good. If it doesn't taste good, you did something wrong" Haha makes sense. I'm excited to learn from her. I want to have more fun together.

Well I think that's it. This week we are going to work on getting more referrals and improving our teaching skills. 

I almost finished with phase 2. I have almost "memorized" all the 2000 words for Phase 2 … I say "memorized" because I don't remember a lot of them. So I have to go back and review a lot. But phase 2 will definitely be passed off by the end of this transfer. I'm hoping sooner. Anyway :) 

I know that this church is true. I'm also so grateful for the Sacrament. The Sacrament is the reason we go to church. Through the sacrament, we can have a new start. We can be spiritually strengthened and through the sacrament we show God that we are willing to follow Him. I'm so grateful and I can't wait for next Sunday. Elder Wong said "If you are going to church once a month, that's ok. Next week be better, make it 2 times a month. If you are going 2 times a month, that's ok. But be better. If you are going 3 times a month, that's ok. Just be better starting tomorrow. If you are going 4 times a month, that's good. But remember, sometimes there are 5 weeks in a month. So go." Something like that. And I loved it. :) It's true. Just always be better. Also, go to church. Haha :) 

I love you all so much!!! Oh I also realized how fast time is going.... scary.

Love,

Sister Roberts

Our district (minus 2 Elders)

Me and the Bishop's beautiful wife

Shopping

Shopping with Sister Wong

Taking a break after 4 hours of finding!

Making  our own shade with an umbrella

Park on a Sunday ... everyone goes to the park and exercises

I got to see Sister Beeston! I love her!!

Pday dinner at TGI Fridays!

English boarding ... where we encourage people to attend our English class



No comments:

Post a Comment