Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Week 33: It's Getting Hot Here!

Hello!!!!

First of all, what the heck, everyone is getting married. Second of all, I love being a missionary. Shocker! :) Bet you didn't know that one huh?

So this week, was another hai hao week. (so so). We didn't make the new investigators key indicator but we definitely worked our hardest. Also, it got pretty hot this week. So I may or may not have a really good watch tan line...gotta love it.

We saw a really awesome miracle this week. Actually yesterday, we were sitting down, taking a break, cause we just were like "I don't know where to go". So we were sitting and talking to people as they walked by, and I asked a guy going by if he spoke English, he said "Sure" and we started talking, and it ended up that he met two elders in our district last week, and that he was going to Utah in a month to visit some of his LDS friends that he met last summer while they were here teaching English. So he basically is so prepared. He knows everything about the church, and he is really open to hearing more. His English is awesome and he's just really cool. He came with us and did a chapel tour with us and the elders. But I just know that God was leading us. And it was such a testimony builder to me because even though we don't really have any investigators, and I've just felt like a failure missionary, I know that God is leading me. And allowing me to have different success then I imagined. SO yea, that was super awesome.

We also go to hear from one of the very first missionaries that came to Taiwan! It was so so awesome! His name is Elder Kitchens. He shared about his experience and shared some stories. He shared a story about an Elder who was there for three years, and baptized one person. His whole life he thought his mission was a "waste" but it ended up 40 years later, he found out that he had met and contacted the person who translated the Book of Mormon from English to Chinese. The Spirit really testified to me that my time has not been a waste. I haven't felt like I've touched the lives of many people, and haven't seen the "fruit of my labors" but I know that God is using me. I don't know exactly how, but that God is making me the person and missionary he wants me to be.

I also learned later this week, that I'm ok with whatever God puts in my path. I just want to stop worrying so much about me. Which I'm sure I've said before, but I've been trying to look at it from an eternal perspective. That whatever is happening right now, is preparing me and others for something more. I just have such a strong testimony that this is God's work. That's basically it. It's God's work, and it has nothing to do with what I want, but it's all about Him.

I also had a cool experience this week of teaching a lesson. It was an unplanned lesson because a member brought a friend to church, so we shared the first lesson. And Sister Wong was saying the first vision, and I just looked at the picture, and felt the Spirit so so strong. And it was also really cool, because I felt a difference in my Chinese and knowing what to say, and it just flowed a lot smoother. It was really cool! I'm so grateful. It's been a while since I've had a lesson like that. But what I learned from it is to just trust the Spirit. To think about what He would say.

OH I ALSO GOT TO SEE BECKY, KELIN, AND LEO FROM TAI DONG!!! They came up to Taibei for an activity at Jin Hua Jie, and they came to my ward for church!!!!!!!! MY THREE FAVORITE PEOPLE FROM TAI DONG. Actually I can't say that. Everyone is my favorite :)

Well, I think that's all I've got. It's scary how fast time flies. I feel like my Chinese isn't where I wanted it to be by this time, and that I'm not anywhere near as good of a missionary as I want to be. But that's just how it is. And I'm doing all I know how to do. I know this church is true, and I know that God and Christ live. I know that what I'm doing is the work of God, and I basically ask myself everyday, how did I get to lucky to have this opportunity? What did I ever do? I love this gospel and I love Taiwan. The people are amazing. The food is amazing. I couldn't be more blessed! I love you all!!!

Love,
Sister Roberts

Visiting the 101 building

Peeling a pineapple

Sister Hughes!

Sister Nau!

Love the children :-) 

Kelin from Taidong

Add caption


Yummy dinner!

Watch tan line

Internet cafe where we email from

No comments:

Post a Comment