Monday, April 17, 2017

Week 79: Easter Transformations

Well first of all HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!! In Chinese it's 復活節 (fu huo jie) which is just resurecction holiday. Or restore life holiday. Love Chinese!!! 

So this week was a week of transformations!!!! Our area went from being a red area to a green area in one week!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH so proud!!! We found an insane amount of new investigators and had a lot of people come to church! All because we worked hard and just kept having faith!!!! Let me tell you some of these miracles... :) 

SO last week we met this cool women, Hong XJ and because it started to rain we actually didn't talk very long. But we got her number and called her later. She set up with us, and we gave her a chapel tour and it was really awesome. We taught her the first lesson as well and it's hard to explain but she is so prepared! She also set a baptismal date and said she would bring her son to church. Well hou lai (turns out) that her husband said no and that she couldn't meet with us. Which is sad and basically broke my heart but it was really cool to meet her. 

Then last week we also met a cute women going to eat food. We asked for her number and asked if maybe another time we could go eat together and share more. She said yes. Well we met with her this week, and what happened? She became a new baptismal date investigator. AHHHHHH what the heck? She is the cutest !!! Her name is Claire or Sister Lai. 

Then after we had a lesson with Hong JM, we get a call from the zone leaders saying they just had a women come up to them and tell them her family are members and she's not. But that she's ready to hear the missionary discussions again. *Sister Roberts's mouth drops* We meet with her and she literally is the most prepared person I've ever met! She met with missionaries in America but because she didn't speak much English she had her sister translate and it was kinda awkward. And she said she just didn't get an answer. SO yea. She set a baptismal date, committed to praying and reading, and also mentioned the word of wisdom and said she has been man man quitting but needed a push. So what did we do? We gave her a push! And committed her to following the word of wisdom. SOOOOOO CRAZY!!!!! MIRACLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are so many more but just one last one. Sunday night, we were trying to figure out where to go because our qing ke went too long and our lesson just kinda fang\d us. But we prayed and decided we would go to this mall. But something Sister Weaver and I have been trying to do is just talk to everyone and really follow the Spirit. So we did, and it led us down a few random streets, and things like that. Well didn't talk to too many prepared people, but the timing was so perfect that when we got close to the mall place, Sister Weaver (who was leading) started talking to this woman. Turns out, she contancted this same woman about a month ago and we ended up meeting her whole family and they all set up with us!!!! Dad, son, and mom. 

We also had a lot of people come to church. All the missionaries spoke in church and Sister Weaver and I sang. It was beautiful!!! Such an incredible experience. We had a mom and her 11 year old daughter come from English class to see us sing and It was so fun sitting next to my cute little 11 year old english student. her name is Ivy. They seemed to like church and they said they want to know more. So :) Yea we'll teach them :D 

I think the biggest thing I've learned recently is just how to SLOW DOWN and follow the Spirit. Or follow what your heart is telling you. I've been so much more relaxed and more calm about everything. Just trying to do what God wants, and that's when the success came. Sister Weaver is so cute she's like "This is the most success I've had my whole mission!" I'm so happy for her and I just hope it continues after I'm gone. 

I love this gospel so much. I can't believe how fast time flies, and I really don't want to come home. I want to keep helping these people come unto Christ. I want to help these people and see them be baptized!!! AHHHHHH! I don't ever want it to end! But I know it has to and the only thing I can do is just keep being a missionary. Keep working hard and leave the area knowing I worked my hardest. 

I know God lives. I know that He loves us. I know that He is guiding us. In our personal matters and in this work. He sent His Son Jesus Christ to atone for us and to help us in our everyday matters. Through Him, we can live again. 

I love being a missionary and I hope you all know that. 

Love,
Sister Roberts
Making easter gifts for the young women


Zhua bing truck ... I love street food!

from one of our English Students

Ivy - English student

Angela


Ward dinner party

Learning to exercise from an 80 year old  Ama - she's incredible!

companion study!

Bike lane

Black Sesame noodles



Claire


Today or tomorrow is one of the buddhist God's birthdays, so they parade around Taoyuan blaring Chinese music stuff. And riding these floats



No comments:

Post a Comment