Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Week 80: Temple Day

Wow I don't even know what to say about this week....

Filled with more miracles??? Yup :) God has been soooo good to us, and I don't know why. Sister Weaver is so sweet and she's like 'This is like the first time I've had success on my mission. I am just so grateful. We are so happy. And also sooo nervous for the transfer. I just am so so so grateful.  It was a confidence booster for me to see that I could be part in making a red area green.
Our investigators are doing great. Nancy was out of town this week so we didn't get to meet with her. She's the self contacted one who was just like "I just need a little push" and who is already following the word of wisdom. Yea she's incredible. We are excited to meet with her again this week. 

We met a SWEET new investigator this week. Who is basically our best friend. Her name is Jamie. Her english is really good. We met her at English class. She's taking us out to hike next monday. FUN! She set a baptismal date and is reading and praying. So awesome!!! 

We also saw some cool miracles in just meeting people. Like we were doing language study and I just started talking to this family next to us, and they set up with us and met with the dad the next day!!!! So so awesome. There were two little kids and they were both holding my hand as we crossed the street. Something I really love about Taiwan is that we call kids little brother or little sister or little kids will call us older sister or auntie. SOOO CUTE!!!!!

Then we met another really cool new investigator, named Zoe. She was a referral from the elders. She just got married and her husband lives in Gaoxiong. So she's living here alone. We talked about prayer and how it can help us to have a support and I really felt guided to say something I don't usually say which was just that other people don't really understand what we are going through. But God does. And then we prayed for her. And afterwards she said "When you prayed I really felt my heart at peace. My heart has been very unpeaceful recently and now I just feel at peace. And I agree with what you said. I feel like He knows how i feel. And I was really moved" It was really cool. She was really interested in our message (we shared the restoration) and she committed to praying and reading. We will set a date with her next time :) She's incredible. We told her whenever she feels sad about her husband being gone she can just call us haha. :) I love her already. 

I had a special moment during her lesson though. We were sitting in this family mart and Sister Weaver was talking and this American song came on. As I was trying to focus on Sister Weaver, I just had this overwhelming sadness come over me. My heart just dropped as I realized where I was, what I was doing, and how it was going to be over soon. Here I was teaching this precious women about the restored gospel. Teaching her about her loving Heavenly Father, in Taiwan, and I was speaking CHINESE. And I almost got teary eyed thinking about how my life was about to go back to normal. That I was about to be able to listen to music again, and stuff like that. I am so grateful for this time. For this work, and for Taiwan. I've met so many incredible people and I've been completely changed. I would do it over again in a heartbeat. 

Also, we did all our dying stuff with President and Sister Jergensen on Friday. We went up to Taibei and started off with our exit interviews. President is so inspired and basically he just taught me from the scriptures. 2 Nephi 5-is the blueprint to happiness. He asked if I had any concerns and at the moment I couldn't really think of any...which is ridiculous because I have a lot. But I just felt at peace. I told president I don't want this time to be up, and President said "But God does" And as soon as I heard those words I knew. I knew that this was my time. That it was coming to a close but that's what God wanted. My heart was at peace and everything was better. 

We then went to lunch. Sister Toronto and I were companions :) So we got to go to lunch together and just talked. And then we went to the temple with President and Sister Jergensen. And it was all in Chinese.......crazy. I had a very precious moment with President. I walked into the celestial room and president comes over and asks me a question. I then proceed to ask him questions about the temple and we just sad down together and talked about the truths of the gospel. Sitting there next to him was just so special and I'm so grateful for him and his guidance and knowledge. I know he is called of God to lead this mission and I know one of the reasons I came to this mission was to learn from him and Sister Jergensen. I remember Elder Evans coming to our mission last year and saying something along the lines of before this life, you learned from your mission president, and you prepared together to serve the Lord. Something like that. It was cool. Anyway. That's my rant. 

Afterwards, we went to dinner with him and his wife, and his twins, and the senior couples. It was delicious and fun to be together. Then afterwards, we went to his house and had a little fireside testimony meeting thing. All the dying missionaries (which was 4) shared experiences and shared about our mission. It was fun. Very special to be in the home of President and his closing prayer made me teary eyed. I felt prepared to go home. And then, still had two more weeks haha. I woke up the next morning and just kept doing missionary work. Best thing ever :) It's cool because I've thought a lot less about going home then ever before. Just focusing on the work and loving every second. 

I love this gospel with all of my heat. I don't know who I would be with out church, without Jesus Christ, and without my mission. 

I'll talk to you all next week........the last one.....scary!!!!!!

Love,
Sister Roberts
羅姐妹











I put a pamphlet in my helmet to keep the water off my face and it stuck to my head


Stake Conference ... our stake is too big for the building so we met at a meeting center






Stake Center





No comments:

Post a Comment