Monday, April 3, 2017

Week 77: End of the Week Miracles in Tao Yuan

Hello!

This week was pretty.....good? Haha I don't know. Taoyuan is pretty great. Different then Yonghe and I'm still adjusting but also not. I feel like I've been here forever. Except that I still don't know the ward. The weather has been a little strange. It's chilly in the shade but hot in the sun, so I'm not sure what clothes I'm supposed to wear. It also rains more here than in Taibei. Probably just because it's getting closer to rainy season. 沒關係吧! 

I absolutely love Taiwan and I love being a missionary. We've just been working hard to find the prepared and working hard to find people to teach. We haven't had much success in terms of finding people to teach, but we've seen miracles. Last week we called formers and nothing came of it. But then on Friday, after getting a set up with someone, and another person walking up to us randomely asking for a BOM, we got a call from someone random. I jokingly was like "Sister Weaver, this is gonna be a miracle" And guess what? It was. He said who he was then said that we had called his wife earlier and that they didn't have time. But now they had time. They asked if we had time on Friday or Sunday. I invited them to church and then THEY CAME!!!!!! Mr. Lin and Mrs. Su. SOOOOOO incredible. Then they set up with us!! :D 

Then at church we also had a super cool miracle. We didn't have anyone coming to church except for these two people, but we were praying for it all week. Just to get three people to church, and do you know what happened? 5 came! We got in touch with Myrium this super cute Philippino girl who is a member last week, and she asked where the church was. So we explained it to her, and her friend was with her. Well we called her and she said she was coming to church and her friend. BUT THEN THREE OF HER FRIENDS SHOWED UP!!! SOOOOOO amazing! I spent the sacrament meeting translating for them. But it was really hard. I realized the gift of tongues is real. I understand what they are saying but I can't translate it.....awkward. I felt bad for them. But I hope they liked it. I just know that prayer works and that God is there. Even though we didn't find many new people to teach this week, we still were blessed. 

Sister Weaver and I are having a lot of fun. Kinda gets us through you know? Haha, We laugh a lot. Mostly she just laughs at me being weird but that's ok :) I like making others laugh even if it's just cause I'm super strange haha. 

I am slowly loving Taoyuan more and more. I think I'm just feeling stressed right now. But I'm really trying to just not fear and have faith. I've never prayed harder then I have this last week. I just have this feeling of "I know that what I do isn't enough, and that I just can't do it alone". I'm just trying to focus on what God wants. But it's so hard. It's hard to completely change the way I feel and think. Anyway. Hope that made sense. 

I know that God loves us. I know that this is His work and that His hand is in our lives everyday. Even if I don't always recognize it. This week I want to focus more on the positive. I think I've been focusing too much on what isn't happening, then what is. I'm going to focus on the blessings and being grateful. And I invite everyone else to do the same. If you're having a hard day, hard week, just focus on the good for a little. Focus on the things that make you happy, and just remember that everything good in our life has come from God. He loves us so much and He is doing everything that He can to help us become who He wants us to be. I love you all so much. I’m scared about how fast time is going. I haven't told anyone around me that I'm dying yet (on my last transfer). Maybe they know and just don't talk about it. If so that's fine. But I'm just trying to focus completely on what I'm doing now, and enjoying every last second. 

I love you all and hope you all have a good week!!!

Love,
Sister Roberts
羅姐妹


Sister Weaver






English class ... we went from 21 in Yong He to 3 in Tao Yuan

Picture of Chase Toronto in Australia! His companion is from Tao Yuan.  This was on our ward bulletin board!





Elder Toronto!

The Toronto's





Strange things we see while out finding

Nothing like a fresh box of the Word of God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment