Monday, September 5, 2016

Week 47: First official week in Song Shan

Hello Da Jia Hao!!

I'm not really sure what to say about this week. It kinda went fast but also slow... I think time goes slower when you are in a new area. I'm still adjusting and don't really know the investigators very well but it was good :) We set a lot of dates on the street this week so I'm excited to see for the next coming weeks. 

One day, we had the whole afternoon to find and we were going from one park to another but Sister Wang got a little lost. it tooks us an extra 15 min to get there. But I had the thought (and told Sister Wang) that maybe it was yuan fen (destiny) and so we started finding. Well guess what? It was yuan fen. We met this amazing girl. She is our age and is a pretty typical college girl... goes to parties, even swore in english which was something I haven't heard in forever, and she's willing to meet with us!!! She is someone that I feel like I'm gonna be friends with forever :D I'm so pumped! And was so grateful that things happened the way they did. Just little things like show me that God is guiding us. Even when I don't feel like it. Who knew I would be grateful for getting lost? :) 

We also went on exchanges this week! I was with Sister Peck who has been here for like a week! :D Her companion is also ben di ren and it was just super super fun! She is an amazing missionary and I loved talking to her about things that I had troubles with too at the beginning of my mission.  I feel like I know what I'm doing and that I'm actually doing it well. Even if I haven't had as many baptisms as I thought I would or as much as I would have liked. I know that God is leading this work and that everything is happening for a reason. 

On exchanges, we also had two lessons and they were amazing. Absolutely amazing. Sister Peck really brought some miracles. We met with a Huang JM who I had never met before and the lesson was really strong. She rejected the baptism commitment before but I really felt that the Spirit guided me and Sister Peck to know exactly what to say and after rejecting baptism again but then teaching more, she accepted and set a date! :D :D :D SO awesome. The Spirit was so strong and was guiding us. Then we had another lesson with a Pan JM who we did a pass off lesson with the Elders with. And I felt like I should ask a question. But I wasn't sure if it was actually a question I needed to ask. So I waited a little but I had the thought again and asked and She answered and it was really helpful and just a good thing to know about her. And I know that I was guided by the Spirit. I feel like there aren't many times that I can recognize I was guided by the Spirit to say certain things but this was one of them. I'm so grateful and I love being a Sister Training Leader. :D Like a lot! 

I performed at the new member fireside that happens every month, which was fun. I learned the piece in 4 days and did ok. I don't ever play things perfectly though even when I've practiced them forever....so that's a thing. ANYWAY :) We've been working with part member families here and it's been good. They are all husbands who aren't members and I don't know that they will make much progress but then again I have faith. 

We have zone conference tomorrow and I'm excited to do some trainings. As an STL we get to see all our zones indicators and get to train along side the zone leaders. It's an awesome opportunity and I'm so excited :) 

I love this gospel so much and I just have so much faith that this is God's work. I know that I'm His missionary and I just work everyday to be better. I love you all and hope all is well!!!!

Love from Taiwan,

Sister Roberts

Us with two recent converts ... one is planning on a mission

sister Wang and a facial mask ... I was making her laugh but she couldn't smile :-)


Girl we met on the street who was so excited to meet a foreigner

I finally gave in ... the green mask

awesome mango shaved ice shacks ... I haven't had enough of these!

exchanges with Sister Peck & Sister Zhang

I got to see Sister Dewitt this week!!! Love her!

Before the haircut

After the cut

After the cut and doing email :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment