Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 66: A Short Week

大家好!!

Well considering I just e-mailed on Wednesday, there's not too much to say. 

Dai JM is incredible. She's probably the best part of the week. We had two exchanges this week. Thursday to Friday, then Friday after WPS to Saturday. Crazy. Well we sit down in a lesson with Dai JM and she pulls out her BOM. But....what does it have on it? It has hand written tabs that she made herself because she didn't like always having to flip to find a certain book. And she also had a plastic cover on it to protect it. AND she had scriptures marked and little notes next to the side. She said when she doesn't understand a word, she goes to the back to look it up. I don't know how she knew how to do that but it's fantastic!!!! She's incredible!!! AND this is the best part. We made a baptismal calendar with her which is a way to see how far away their baptism is and also has marks to check off if you prayed and read scriptures. Well every single day was marked and she just expressed how she really really wants to make this goal. We told her that in order to make this goal, she had to come to church in our ward (she's been coming for two weeks to the morning church before she goes to church) and what did she say? She's like "Oh that's kinda hard....." and she sat there for a second. She's in the restaurant industry and Sunday afternoon is the busiest time (we have afternoon church) and she's like "I'll just move to Zhong he" And she's legit. She introduced herself to someone in the hall, and they asked where she lived and she said "Yong he but next week i'm going to live over there!" And she pointed to the direction of ZhongHe. Hahahahaha crazy right???? So so crazy. I love her!! Oh and one more thing, I was extending an invite, I said "Are you willing to....." And then I extended another invite "Are you willing to .... " And in the middle of my sentence she says "Yuan Yi" Which means yes, willing. She's like "I'm willing to do whatever you say" :D :D :D :D :D WHAT??? haha I'm a little worried though! It's too perfect. But I love that a sister that we went on exchanges this week said "If she keeps reading the BOM she won't have any problems". :) 

Liao JM is also doing so so well!!!! She came to church and is just basically a member. She just always has a smile on her face and always giggles. She's so precious!!!!!!! I literally don't know what else to say. She's doing great!!!

Grace is also doing well. We are still working on helping her to change some weird a little bit skewed views she has on Christianity but it's all coming together :) She's changing. 

We're working on helping Nancy to be baptized in January. And she's almost there! I'm so excited for her! She just has to decide to do it a week earlier. Her date is for the 4th of Feb. We're sharing commandments with her and she's already been taught WOW and LOC. :) Yay. No problems. I love her!

As for the rest of my life, everything has been good. This transfer has gone super slowly for which I am grateful. I love Sister Yee. We go to bed every night laughing! Seriously, I am so so grateful for her. We have so much fun. I'm just nervous for next transfer.... it can only go downhill right? aah...

My heart has been a little heavy but I'm just trying to stay focused. I try not to think about going home, and really I think God has has helped me not think about it too much, etc. It just doesn't feel real. 

I love being a missionary. I love being on the Lord's errand. Not having to worry about the little things. Being completely dedicated to the Lord. It just couldn't get any better. I know this church is true. It has to be. If it wasn't, I wouldn't feel so much peace and joy and comfort. And that's exactly why I'm here. TO help other to have the same joy, peace, and comfort that I feel. This gospel has brought my life inexpressible joy and I can't explain how grateful I am. Christ lives. He is real. He is our Savior and He loves us. If we turn to Him, He can take away our sorrows, our pains, our sadness. These feelings will be replaced with joy and peace. I know because I've experienced it. He lives. And that's my testimony. 

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! 我愛你們,希望你們有一個美好的禮拜!

Love,
Sister Roberts

羅姐妹

Sister Yee and me enjoying yummy Taiwan desserts

Exchanges

Exchanges




No comments:

Post a Comment