Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Week 67: Specific Goals & Prayers Bring Specific Miracles

Hi ya'll :) 

This week I gained a strong testimony about prayer and miracles. This week Sister Yee and I wanted to focus on getting a NI from member referral, and we made some goals and plans. One being we were going to try to pray in every single prayer, for a miracle. Well, we did temple tours this week. And do you want to know what happened? Ok I'll tell you, first of all, at temple tours, we try to ask for referral, for any area. Well we don't always get them. But this last week, we had three members who gave us referrals. BUT the miraculous part was that they were for our area!!!!! Then we had a member activity on Sunday and we got 4 member referrals. THEN Sunday that night we had a member call us and said her friend wanted to meet with missionaries. WHAT WHAT WHAT???? HOW???? That's my question of my last two transfers. This area is on fire, and we see so many miracles. HOW AND WHY? Why is it that we are seeing so many miracles??? I DON"T KNOW. I'm just soooo grateful. We are really excited this next week to contact them and try to set up with them :) YAY

Well these next couple of weeks will be a little slower. Chinese New Year starts this week. So everyone is leaving. Darn it :) We still have some lessons. It'll be a lot of dinner with members and a lot of finding on the streets that no one is going to be out on... haha. President has set apart a day where we all are going to deep clean apartments. Like 5-6 hours worth!!!! Crazy. Too bad we have a huge apartment!!! :D 

Liao JM is our most progressing investigator. She came and did a temple tour with us and she basically taught us the first lesson. It's incredible how much she knows and understands. She even brought her sister to one of her lessons. :D WHAT. AND she said she loves reading scriptures because she says it's a time with just her and the scriptures, and God. That there's no other worries. WHAT???? AND we never told her to wear a skirt to church (because we forgot) but last week she wore one. THEN this week, she didn't wear glasses, and wore makeup!!! WHAT??? She literally is the most prepared person I've ever met! I literally can't explain how much I love her and how proud I am of her. 

At temple tours we also met this incredible person walking back from dinner. I noticed she was looking at the temple and taking a picture and I asked if she wanted to do a temple tour. She said yes. So we went in, sat down and prayed for her. And she cried. We talked some more and just had a great tour. She's incredible. My whole point with this is I don't understand why God has been putting these incredible people in my life. These miracles....  I just don't know. 

Dai JM is also doing incredible. Like there's nothing to say about her. We asked her why she comes and she just kept saying "Just because I want to. I really want to. I want to" And I just looked at her and was like "Well....ok. You should just be baptized now haha" She's amazing. We asked her to come a little early to church so that she could be more spiritually prepared for church and we said like 10-15 min, and she came 20. And she comes 10 min early to our lessons so that she can learn more....what????? I love her!!!!!!!

Nancy was supposed to get baptized in one of the next coming weeks but we just found out that she doesn't really believe in God. We shared 10 commandments with her and she has a problem with number 1. Thou shalt not have any other Gods before me. She said that God is really prideful because He doesn't want anything above Him...and just things like that. Her prayers haven't been specific and she just said that she will believe in God if He helps her change her work. SO we have some work to do. But I don't understand why she's been coming to church and been doing everything she's supposed to if she doesn't believe... oh well. 

Our other investigators are doing well. We've found some more great people and I just don't know why we have been so blessed.... like I really don't understand but I'm so grateful. 

This next week is a worldwide missionary broadcast. The only thing anyone knows about it is that there's going to be some big changes. I've heard that there's going to be a schedule change. Like 1 hour personal study, 30 min comp, 30 min language. And 30 min for lunch.....I'm not sure.... Also heard there were going to be some changes to p-day. But really it's all just rumors. The schedule change I heard is legit because one of the Sister missionaries here has a friend who their mission changed the schedule. I think probably cause they were testing it. There's been a push for hastening the work. URGENCY. and I think it'll take a lot of humbling for something like this to happen. I just worry if this happens that the poor missionaries who don't have anyone to teach and who are on the streets all day anyway, are now going to have more time on the streets, and just get more discouraged. I also worry that when I leave Yong He this next transfer, that I'll go to an area that's struggling and that we will be finding a lot. I only worry cause my body hurts a lot. Anyway. Sorry about that rant about something that I don't know if it is actually happening or not but we will see. 

I know that this church is true. I also have been learning a lot more about the Atonement of Christ. I've been really heavy hearted recently thinking about coming home and just dealing with life, and some other things, but I've slowly been learning the power of the Atonement. Christ knows. He knows how you and I feel. He knows how much something hurts, and He knows how to fix it. All we have to do is give ourselves to Him. To have faith, and to do our best to follow Him. To pray and ask for His help. I know that He lives. I know that He has the power to take away the pain, the guilt, the sorrow. The heartache. I know because I've felt it. I love Him, and I love this work. This is the work of God. The work of the eternities, and I'm so grateful to play a part of it. 

Until next week. 

Love,
Sister Roberts









No comments:

Post a Comment