Monday, January 30, 2017

Week 68: Chinese New Year STRIKES!

大家好!新年快樂!恭喜發財!

HAPPY CHINESE YEAR!!!!

This week....was a pretty interesting one. 

Tuesday-Wednesday, we went on exchanges with the Xindian sisters in their area, and it was fun. I was with my previous companion Sister Wang's little Sister, Sister Wang who is here visa waiting :D FUN!!!! 

Well I must have picked up a bug in XinDian because Thursday I spend all day laying in bed, and every 30 minutes running to the bathroom to throw up. I probably lost a lot of weight haha.  It was super unfortunate because we had a lot of lessons with all our favorite investigators!

Friday we had a worldwide mission broadcast and some things changed. We now only have 4 Key Indicators, where before we had 8? And our schedule also changed. We plan in the morning and have p-study, and then comp and lang study in the afternoon, and we are free to choose when. We also only get 30 min for lunch. I'll send you a picture. ALSO p-day is now basically all day. We get up, get ready (don't exercise unless you want to) and plan, and 30 min comp study and then out the door by 8:30. WHAT?  Our p-day ends at 6:30! Crazy! They changed the schedule to allow us to have more flexibility, and adjust easier to life after the mission where we have to choose when to study. Interesting. We'll see. 

Saturday, President told us to deep clean apartments. Because of Chinese New year, it wasn't effective to be out on the streets. So we spent ALL DAY cleaning. 

Then Sunday, we had 4 people come to church! :D And then Sister Yee was sick....with what I had. So we spent all of Sunday inside too....it was rough haha. 

Then Monday (today) .... so I really don't have much to tell you. 

I can tell you the few things I learned this week. 1. I LOVE CLEAN THINGS. 2. I am going to make sure I clean a little bit all the time so that my house never gets disgusting. 

Another thing I've learned is that I don't love food as much as I thought. WE HAVE BEEN FED SOOOOOO MUCH RECENTLY. And the thing is I haven't had much of an appetite for it! it's a little miserable but we're working through it. The members have been sooo good to us and we've had lunch and dinner fed to us for a while. I LOVE TAIWAN :D. I love this ward.... I love being a missionary. 

I've really been praying to know what I can do to give my all and I've been learning a lot about myself. This transfer is almost over....time goes so so fast. I'm definitely leaving YongHe next week...which is sad. But inevitable. It's kinda hard thinking about going to my "dying" area. We'll see! I'm excited to see what God has in store. 

Dai JM and Liao JM are hopefully getting baptized on the 11th of Feb!! TWO WEEKS!! 

Nancy, who we thought was going to be baptized next week isn't doing so well. And it's really sad. I'm not sure how to help her. And we're not sure if we're going to keep meeting with her. :(

That's basically it. I also learned this week a lot about grace and the Atonement. There's a great article in this months Liahona and it talks about being imperfect. I know that we are all imperfect. It's something I really struggled with at the beginning of my mission. I was always beating myself up about not being better. About not being the person I wanted to be. For making mistakes. And I've learned this week that that is exactly why we have Jesus Christ. Because justice demands perfection or punishment. And Christ paid the price. He took the punishment. And through Him, we can use His power, and His help to become better. To overcome our weaknesses. The reason we even have weaknesses is so that we can learn and grow. And when we expect to be perfect, when we get mad at ourselves, it's denying the Atonement of Christ, and denying our life purpose. It's denying the gift of repentance. I know that no matter who we are, what we have or haven't done. If we want to be better, Christ can help us. He knows our life, and He knows how to comfort us. We don't have to be perfect. God never expected us to be perfect. He just expects us to be good and getting better. I love you all!!!! 

新年快樂!!!!

Love,
Sister Roberts

羅姐妹


Bowling with Serene

Elders came to give me a blessing

dinner at Liu JM's


Lunch at Zhang JM's

the Chop-sticker!

Sister Yee the cleaning machine

Li family dinner

a whole wall of Ramen (Pao mian)!!

Lunch today with Chen JT (they have a daughter on a mission in Oakland CA) And I got to play guitar for the first time in FOREVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment