Monday, February 6, 2017

Week 69: Transfers!

SO FIRST OF ALL THIS WEEK IS TRANSFERS AND I THOUGHT FOR SURE I WAS LEAVING BECAUSE I'VE ALREADY BEEN A STL FOR 4 TRANSFERS BUT I JUST GOT A CALL FROM PRESIDENT WHO TOLD ME I WAS STAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 AHHHHHHHHHHH I GET TO STAY IN YONGHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH THIS IS LITERALLY THE PROMISED LAND AND EVERYTHING IS JUST GOING RIGHT AND i AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means I get to be there for Dai JM's and Liao JM's baptism!!!! I'M JUST SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This week was again, full of miracles!!!!!! Absolutely full of miracles!!! We had 7 people at church. We've had so many set ups for this week, and things are just going soooo well!!!!! I can't believe it!!!

Liao JM passed her baptismal interview on Sunday and she's all set to be baptized on Saturday!!!!!!!!!! She's so amazing. She was helping out Nancy after church. Nancy asked her some questions and Liao JM was just like "You should read the BOM, it will really help" And then she was telling us this last week about her husband and her relationship. About how before she met with the missionaries, her and her husband fought a lot and that now, they don't. And she was telling us all about how her friends have even noticed her and her husbands relationship. There's more love and just how he's changed too. She said he usually waits outside while she goes grocery shopping but he came in with her and even helped her pick food. And she was so happy :) This gospel is real!!! She was also telling me about how she just randomly had a thought in church about how she could improve. Aka revelation and the Spirit. What???? I can't believe how incredible she is!!!!!

Sister Yee and I have felt so bad, because Dai JM really really really wants to be baptized on Saturday. And just because of how things worked out with Chinese New Year and me getting sick, we weren't able to share the Word of Wisdom with her until last week. So she committed to living the word of wisdom and she is quitting her coffee addiction of like 20-30 years!!!! She's sooooo incredible. She works at a coffee and tea shop too which we didn't know.....so it's super hard for her. Please please pray for her!!!! She's doing her baptismal interview this week. So hopefully she can get baptized on Saturday. If not Saturday, then the next week I think :D I'm so excited!!!! She's incredible!!!

This gospel is real!!!!! There's no other way to say it. We went to the temple with Wang DX on Friday, and it was one of the sweetest moments for me on my mission. First of all, I love him a lot. Second of all, he brought his own family names to do baptisms for. So just being there, and seeing him in white, was one of the most precious moments. I really can't describe it. But it was incredible. Also, a bunch of members from our ward were also helping out in the temple so it was super awesome to see them all there. And I was just overcome with gratitude for these people, and for the temple, and for my missionary calling. I feel like I just got a taste of exactly why I am here. Wang DX was baptized, and then he helped about 20 of his ancestors be baptized.... and has a lot more. Absolutely incredible. 

We are still adjusting to the new schedule.... our days are pretty full so it's hard to fit study time in in the afternoon, and if we can't do it in the afternoon then we just do it in the morning like usual. 

OH I wanted to share another incredible miracle with you. But first some background. So the week before Christmas, Sister Tinsley and I were in the are of this restaurant called "Worldwide famous dou jian" And we decided to eat there for dinner. Well we get there and this lady who works there gives us a discount on the meal and says "I used to go to your church, and haven't been there for a long time" We said 'REALLY?" And started talking. From what it sounded like she was a LA but we invited her to come to church for Christmas, and she came!!! While she was at church, we found out that she wasn't LA and she was a former investigator. WELL We love investigators :) She had been talking to a member a lot during church and she ultimately said I want to be baptized. So we tried to set up with her and she was too busy that week. But I kept calling her. (Her name is XieJM)  Well she doesn't answer. This week, we picked a general area to go to on the map and went there to go finding. We went the right way but the area turned out different than what we expected ( it ended up being a highway) so we turned around and as we go back, i realized we passed the restaurant that Xie JM works at. I hop off my bike and told Sister Yee just one second. I go up to the front desk and ask if Ms Xie is there. This lady calls someone on the phone and so I talk to her on the phone :) And she's like "Yea I can come on Saturday at 10:30" And I was like "perfect" then we say goodbye and I go back to sister Yee and I"m like "we just got a set up" And she just stands there like "what?" Haha fun. Anyway, we met with her on Saturday, and she's incredible. She's like "I've already read the BOM and am reading it again. I really like it. Whenever I have any problems. I just read it" And then she set a baptismal date for April :D And she came to church on Sunday and was like "Wow it just feels like I'm coming home" And she was telling all these sisters that she is getting baptized. The only problem is that she rents out a room in her house to this 50 year old man. So right now she can't get baptized. BUT we're praying for a miracle. She's too bu hao yi si (feels too impolite) to kick him out so she's hoping he leaves himself. But just pray for a miracle. She's incredible and it's a miracle that we met her!!!!! 

I know this church is true. God's hand is in this work and He loves these people so much. I know that's He's leading and guiding us everyday and half the time if not more than half the time, we don't recognize it. But I know He's there. I can't believe how fast time has gone, and I'm just so excited to give me all these next two transfers. especially staying in YongHe!!! I'm so so so excited!!!!! I love this place!!! I love you all and hope that you have a great week!!! 

Love,
Sister Roberts

OH yea, we also have mold growing in our house...because they repainted a part but it never dried. The Bailey's looked at it and said that there's probably a leak in the wall that is preventing it from drying completely. Hence the mold.... we cleaned it today... 

this is called rice cheeks ...after you eat too much rice :-)

My favorite restaurant in YongHe

My favorite restaurant in YongHe


Wang DX ... we went to the temple with him!  So amazing!


our mold


No comments:

Post a Comment