Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Week 71: Another week gone by

Well...

Another week has already gone by, and I just don't know where it went!!! Honestly, times flies. 

We had a good week. Sister Yee and I went on two exchanges. One with the JingMei sisters(Sister Wong - my second companion, and Sister Munsee) and then the XinDian sisters (Sister McKim and her trainee Sister Wang - my previous companion Sister Wang's little sisters). FUN! I was with Sister Wong and Sister McKim. And they were both really fun exchanges! It was super weird being Sister Wong's companion again. It brought back so many memories! I'm really grateful that I can go on exchanges because I've learned so much from these Sisters. I've been so impressed by the amazing missionaries that we have in the Taiwan Taipei mission. 

Nothing too crazy happened this week. We had some lessons with some investigators, had some finding time, etc. Met some cool people, and yea :) 

Huang Jm and Leo and are doing great! Their dad came to church again this week (we didn't invite him, we aren't really in touch with him. Well at all) and he even came dressed up in a suit!!!! (don't know who told him, but he looked great). And stayed for all three hours! We are hoping we can start to teach him too. Huang JM is all about not pushing him and just letting him decide for himself. But basically Huang JM and Leo were like "Are you going to get baptized? Cause if not, we are going to be over here, and changing, and you won't be"Which I think I mentioned that last week but I just think it's hilarious. We just taught them the Plan of Salvation, and wanna know something incredible? Leo basically taught Sister Yee and her companion the plan of salvation. He's incredible. I think he has as p ergers... and it's been hard for his Mom and him, like socially at school and stuff. Which is why they are so interested in the gospel. Huang JM tells us all the time about how Leo's already changed, and how she's changed. And she prays about things and gets answers for it, it's absolutely incredible. She is so happy. After church, I turned to her and she just stood up absolutely beaming, and she just looked soooo happy. She also asked us if she could move her baptismal date up because Leo ha something going on that week at school. I'm so grateful that we have met them! 

Liao JM and Dai JM both came to church which makes me sooooo incredibly happy. And we are going to get them started on their family history this week and prepare them for the temple!!! Ya!!! 

Other than that, I really don't know what to say. Sister Yee and I are just focused on finding the prepared. We want more prepared investigators! :D 

This work is real. I can't say it enough. I have learned so much about the gospel while I've been here, and it's interesting because it's all things that I knew before, but didn't quite understand. The biggest three, are faith, repentance, and the Holy Ghost. And it's super cool because these things are three parts of the doctrine of Christ. And it's interesting because we talked a lot in MLC about the doctrine of Christ and how when we understand the doctrine of Christ our behavior changes. I've just been thinking a lot about how I can better understand the doctrine of Christ, And it's been really interesting because I realized the three biggest things I've learned about the gospel are three important parts of the doctrine of Christ. Something I thought I already knew. But didn't know how to apply. I know that this gospel is real. God loves us, and Christ is our Savior. 

I love this work and I love you all!!! Have a great week!!

Love,

Sister Roberts

Photos below from our trip to Yang Min Shan with Linda (my Dad's work colleague)













No comments:

Post a Comment