Sunday, February 12, 2017

Week 70: Baptisms & Investigators ... what more could you want?

大家好!!!!

Hello!!

This week was incredible. Absolutely incredible. I love 永和。我愛也葉姐妹。(I love Sister Yee) and I just love everything about Taiwan. We had two baptisms this week!!!!!! Dai JM and Liao JM got baptized!!!! ANDANDAND Wang DX baptized them!!!!! Liao JM had to be baptized 3 times because she didn't go all the way under but that's ok. It wasn't anyone's fault. It just happened :)Then Dai JM's went really smooth.They both shared their testimony and Dai JM was terrified. That's like her biggest fear is being on a stage talking to people. But she did it and it was great. I love her so much. Liao JM is so precious and we were hoping that her husband would come but he couldn't. Or didn't. So that's a bummer. Dai JM before we went to bed, texted us and said "I just did something I haven't ever done. I hugged my mom and told her I love her" And then she said she told her she was baptized, and that her mom wasn't mad. Precious!!! This gospel is real and it changes people. 

They were both confirmed yesterday. And the ward was soooo excited about them. They flocked around them and just took them in. The ward is amazing. I love Yong He. I can't say it enough. 

This week we had 7 new investigators!!! Which is also unheard of. The standard of excellence is 4. We've been so so blessed. 4 of those investigators are 2 families!!! We got this referral from the computer system (ARPS) and we called her. She said she wanted to read the Bible because she thinks it will really help her son. Well we met with her and her son (Huang JM and Leo) and we shared the Book of Mormon and she was hooked. Her and her son read and discuss it every morning and they also have baptismal dates!!!! What??? So incredible!

Then the other family is Lu JM and her son Jason. I met them last transfer at a stoplight. I turned to talk to the mom on her motor scooter and asked if we could use 5 min to talk to her. She said "I'm already Christian"and I said "just 5 min" and she said "OK!" Then we talked to her, and it was great. Well she gave us her number and we set up with her and then things happened and she kinda disappeared but we kept her on the board and kept calling her. I called her last week telling her I was probably leaving and that we wanted to meet with her. She set up with us and now is a new investigator and incredible. Her and her son. They don't have a baptismal date yet but we are hoping to talk to them about it tonight!!! YAY!!!! Incredible!!!!

Then we found some other really cool people :D I love this work!!!

We had some sad things happen too. We called Nancy trying to set up with her, and she kinda ma'd Sister Yee. (Ma means to scold) and just told her that we were giving her stress and trying to force her when she didn't believe. So we just told her we were sorry and that we weren't going to keep meeting with her. I just don't understand because she comes to church every week and then says that she doesn't believe in God and doesn't like that He thinks He's number 1.... it's ok. 

Then Grace also dropped her baptismal date because she thinks it's too fast and gives her stress. She's already Christian and she brought up a lot of concerns with us about the differences in churches and yea. So we will continue to work with her. BUT it's all good. 

We also had MLC this last week and I just walked away feeling so excited to do the work. I feel like I just have more direction on how to be a better missionary and just feel so happy!!! I have really felt different this week because I think I narrowed down what I wanted to improve, and I just feel like I've been working even harder than before and it just feels good. I haven't been thinking about going home, I am constantly thinking about these people and our Sisters, and I just am really focused on being better.  

We are starting exchanges again this next week so we will be going on three exchanges this week, and then three the next week!!! YAY! I'm excited :D 

I know this work is real. I can't explain how much I've grown from my mission. I've learned so much and just gained so much confidence in myself. I remember one of the first interviews I ever had with President, he said "Not to give you stress, but I think you're incredible and I expect great things from you" And I just hope and pray that I have lived up to that expectation. I hope I have pleased God and hope that I can always do better. 

I love the Savior. He is our Redeemer. Through Him, we all will receive eternal life. I know that baptism is the door to eternal life, and that it can bless our lives beyond our wildest imagination. I have seen seen people's lives change, and I know that it's through the Savior. And it's through baptism. I love this work. This is God's work. His hand is in our lives everyday. I'm so grateful for be here. Words cannot express how grateful I am. I love you all and hope you have a great week!!!!

Love,

Sister Roberts

Sister Wang and her sister





Twins!




Our church building in Yong He

No comments:

Post a Comment