Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 65 - 4/6 Exchanges done :-)

I love exchanges. 

This week we went on 4 out of the 6 exchanges, and they were so so fun!!!!! I learned a lot and we saw sooo many miracles!!!! This work is real that's all I have to say :) I think the biggest thing I learned was that I can do missionary work , t hat I can find and I can work hard, and that I can be led by the Spirit. It's not that I learned these things but it's more like I gained confidence in these things. And I'm really grateful. I was/am also exhausted from these exchanges. But it's good. 

Our area is absolutely on fire. We have 9 baptismal dates this week and they are all (maybe except for 1) soooo prepared. And hopefully will be baptized these next coming weeks!!!! One is Nancy. Sister Yee had a great lesson with her this week. The members in the lesson really really helped her and she committed to a date and is going to be baptized hopefully at the end of the month!!!

Liao JM is incredible. I met her on exchanges and I literally just can't explain how golden she is. She reads everyday, bears her testimony to us about how we are all God's children, is repenting, comes to church loves church, she cries because she's gan dong (touched) Etc. She's absolutely incredible and her husband supports her! Best part yet! :D haha . We've invited him to come listen but she's not really sure and she wants to be baptized first. 

Dai Jm is an investigator that the elders met on the street who came to church last week. Last week was our first time meeting with her and every time we meet with her she's just like " i want to be baptized, I've been waiting my whole life to find a church and I'm just so excited" She's incredible. She's been praying that she can find a new work so that she can come to church on Sunday!!! :D Dang. 

Yang Jm has been a little bit harder. She's the one who smokes and drinks a lot. Well I was starting to give up on her a little but I really felt like we needed to bring a member to her lessons. We have been having a hard time bringing a member because she doesn't live in our ward so we don't know the members in her ward (because we cover three wards) anyway. She actually came to church on Sunday!!! Which she hadn't before!!! And it was so exciting. We had 6 investigators at church!!!! Blessings! Well Yang JM she met with us yesterday and she said that she didn't like church because of something that someone said about tithing. And she said she was about to give up. But the lesson we had, we found a member to come with us and the member literally saved her. She bore a powerful testimony of the Plan of salvation and about her family in the spirit world etc and it made both Yang Jm and the member cry. Because they have similar experiences. I just am sooooo grateful that we were able to find the right member to come with us. And I'm so grateful Yang JM is still willing to meet with us. She told us that she had been reading everyday. I'm just so proud of her. 

Oh my word I had the scariest moment of my life this last week. So the other day we were knocking and I randomly was like "We should knock on this door" so we knocked on it, and this man answered and set up with us. I was like "Holy smokes miracle!!!!" Well we met with him and his wife the other day.................and they were Jehovah's Witness's......................... and the wife was white who spoke Chinese. They were both young like 30? Had only been married for 6 months and literally it was hard. Both were good looking people and I have never been more scared in my entire life. I was with a sister who didn't speak much Chinese and another member who said things but not a lot so it literally was me.....teaching these people who know the bible like the back of their hand...... And holy smokes.  It just strengthened my testimony of how true this gospel is. They kept sharing these bible scriptures and stuff and I was just like ".....freak" The whole time haha except that I just tried to stay calm and listen to the Spirit. But I think God helped me to not understand things that they said because I think it would have offended me or distracted me or something. They refused a BOM and were really nice about everything but intimidating. They said "If you can prove to me that the Bible talks about the BOM then I'll read it" I was like "Haha ok....next time. " Yikes...... anyway. Just wanted you to know my scary experience. 

Everyone is pretty good. :) We met this other awesome investigator on the streets. She's a mom of a 1 year old daughter and she has tattoos everywhere. We prayed for her on the street and had a good contact and she let us come over to her house the next day. I asked her why she let us come over and she said "When you prayed for me my heart relaxed and I realized you were good people" HOLY SMOKES. ISN"T THAT THE COOLEST THING EVER???? This kind of thing also happened with Liao JM. All because of a prayer. We met with this mom (Wu XJ) the other day and she set a baptismal date!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH. Why are we having so much success??? I"M SO GRATEFUL!!! AND SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!

This work is real. I know that this gospel is real. I can't explain how I feel. My heart is just at complete peace, and I have so much faith, and I can feel that these things that we share are true. It just makes sense and I just want everyone to understand the peace and joy and happiness you can have if you just come to church and if you just believe in Jesus Christ, and repent and are baptized. It changes lives!!!!! It's completely changed mine!!! I love you all so much and I hope all of you are happy and doing well. 

Last note, I can't believe I speak Chinese. ...... like literally it's insane. And that I can read characters? How? It's not possible. It's through God. That's how it's possible. 

Have a fantastic week!!!
Love,

Sister Roberts

Us Teaching at  Zone Conference



No comments:

Post a Comment