Monday, August 29, 2016

Week 46: Goodbye Beautiful Yilan!

DA JIA HAO!

I MOVED AND I'M A SISTER TRAINING LEADER IN SONG SHAN! (I HAVE TAIBEI 101 IN MY AREA) AND LIFE IS SO GOOD!!!! I HAVE A BEN DI REN COMPANION!!!! (Taiwanese) AND SISTER DEWITT IS FINISHING TRAINING MY OLD COMPANION'S BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND AND AND AND AND AND AND AND AND LIN DX GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!! 

WOW YOU DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I'VE HAD TO WAIT TO TELL YOU THAT!!!!!!!!!!! 

I don't really know what else to tell you now!!!!! Monday was mission conference!!!! Which was super different then the last one. Elder Evans came and gave some good criticism/advice. I learned a lot. I felt a little overwhelmed and left kinda feeling like I'm too young to be doing this haha but also left with a fire in my heart and so much desire to do better. It's pretty great. 

Tuesday was P-day and we went to the park and played touch rugby! Then we had a zhen zhu or pearl battle (these little sticky yummy pearl gummy things that kinda taste like brown sugar). Basically what that is, is that we buy a cup of zhen zhu and then use a straw to spit them at other people haha. Basically like spit wads except nicer? I don't know haha. But it was super fun and kinda messy. Good last p-day district activity. 

Then Wednesday... we found out who was moving! Sister DeWitt and I were finishing watching some things for training and Sister Wong (my Sister training leader who I go on exchanges with) called me and asked who my new companion was. I asked who hers was and she said (in broken english) Cecily Renae Roberts! I was like "WHAT WHAT WHAT?!?!?!" So we finished doing our stuff then went to the 7 to find out who Sister DeWitt's new comp was. And it turns out that my other Sister Wong companion, (the one that I was with in San Chong), was training someone, but that she was having foot problems, and needed to be moved to a flatter area, so she was moved out of that area halfway through training and moved to YiLan and Sister DeWitt is training! Finishing training someone! How crazy is that??? I'm so proud of her cause that means I did my job, and she did hers. The goal in training is to help them be able to train if so called upon by the time they finish training. AND THAT’S WHAT HAPPENED!!! I've never heard of that happening though here in this mission! I'm so proud of her! 

Then English class was our last little goodbye and then Thursday afternoon we left. 

Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday have all just been a blur. I've never been more tired in my life. Taibei finding is so busy and I'm just so tired all the time.... maybe I'll get used to it? Or I'll just be tired all the time who knows. Might be alittle harder mentally. But this ward is amazing!!! They are sooooo good to the missionaries and we have so many qing ke's! So awesome!!!! 

I'm excited to be in Taibei cause that means I can find someone who can cut my hair haha... I think about it everyday so maybe next week I'll do it. I'm also a sister training leader which is gonna be fun. It means that I get to see all the zone's key indicators and do training at zone meeting and go on exchanges with our sisters!! FUNNY FACT I'M SISTER DEWITT'S SISTER TRAINING LEADER WHICH MEANS I GET TO GO ON EXCHANGES WITH HER!!!!!!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT???? Well I don't know if we will actually go on exchanges or if I'll go with her companion but so far it's not goodbye forever haha. love it. I'm so blessed!!! And being a sister training leader, I'll probably be here for about 3 transfers. Which is super cool. I'm also so pumped to be with a companion from Taiwan!!!! Her english is pretty good and I'm excited to help her with English! It's gonna be so fun! She's sosoooooo sweet. She serves me all the time. She made breakfast for me and just always does little things. She's amazing! 

I think that's all I got for this week......oh my goodness I almost forgot the most important part. LIN DX GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!! He hasn't been confirmed yet because he couldn't come to church, which was sad because that was the first Sunday he's missed in over a month. But next week for sure. I have never seen him smile so big. And he looked so good in white! He usually wears black and it was just such a beautiful sight! He's amazing and I love him so much! President gave us permission to go and I was soooo grateful!!!! I know it meant a lot to Lin DX that both of us were there. So great!!!!

There are a few rule changes that President Jergensen came out with. Girls are going to teach girls and boys are going to teach boys....so that's a new change. Gonna be interesting. Just glad Lin DX was baptized before haha. :) 

I think that's all I got. I'm excited for this transfer and for this next adventure of mine! And I'm so grateful for everything that has happened in my mission that has made me who I am now! I love Taiwan so much and I love being a missionary!!!!

Love, from Taiwan,

Sister Luo

Zhen Zhu war ... (the spots are the zhen zhu stuck to us)

Sisters Ruled!!

Push ups in English class (dad wants to know why)

Final Yilan district photo

Saying goodbye to wonderful Sister Dewitt

Lin DX's baptism ... so wonderful!

Lin DX's baptism
Sister Wong my new companion


Awesome members and awesome food!

No comments:

Post a Comment