Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 42: Book of Mormon, the keystone of missionary work!

Da Jia Hao! 

How is everything this week? 

SO this week was a pretty average week! Saw some cool miracles. Mostly from lessons!!!! 

First one, we met with Peng DX and were going to drop him (which we probably should have done earlier but every lesson he seemed like he was going change so yea) this was the last lesson with him, and we get in and he lives with his girlfriend and won't marry her until he's 50 (money issues) anyway. We go in and were just going to say "let us know when you are ready" and we shared Alma 34 the part that talks about now is the time to change and repent, and we weren't even going to say anything about him needing to get married or anything but after we read the scriptures he said "Wait so if I get married, repent, and I can get baptized"? And we explained some more but we were so caught off guard. He said that he needed a little time to ask her to marry her but that he would. And jokingly he said "And if she doesn't, then I'll kick her out hahaha". He's awesome and the Book of Mormon is real. I've learned recently that without the Book of Mormon, we can't do this work. This book is the evidence of what we are teaching. If we didn't have the Book of Mormon, we would just be another Christian church. That book is true and I'm so grateful for it!!!

Also Lin DX has made a lot of progress and it's only happened since we started focusing more on the Book of Mormon! And we had great members help us teach and it went really well. He has completely committed to quitting smoking and he received a priesthood blessing this week which was perfect and I'm just so excited! He's really private but I have seen him change. He's completely changing and is becoming a little more open and just happier!!! He was blessed in his blessing that he would see the change that the gospel is making. I am so grateful for this church and the priesthood and the Book of Mormon. Precious Lin DX! He's set to be baptized the end of this month! Pray for him!!! Right now he's working on quitting one a day.

Other than that, it was just a week of finding and such. We went to the night market and played some music and sang as we english boarded (handed out english tracts) and it was cool. I love the power of music. It just brings the Spirit so well. 

Oh funny story! SO we needed to grab Sister D's violin from our house and hou lai (turns out) Sister D forgot the keys...in our house. BUT there's this running joke that we have where every morning I ask (or she asks) if we have the keys. Every time she says "Yup but it's ok cause I'll just climb up" Well guess what she did? She climbed up.........to the second floor only but holy smokes! She's a crazy one. Well I'm probably crazy for letting her! 

This work is real. I don't know what else to tell you! I am so grateful for my Savior and especially the Book of Mormon! I know that the power of member missionary work is real and I encourage everyone to share the gospel! I think the term missionary work sounds scary sometimes. Missionary work can be as simple as inviting someone to something, or sharing why you follow a certain standard huo shen me. Just do it and I promise you'll see miracles :) I love you all!!!!

Love,
Sister Roberts

Sister Luo :) 

Helping to decorate 





The Elders played a joke on us and hid our bikes ... always some fun to be had



our bikes on the train

People have been giving us LOTS of bread!

I love Taiwan!!!

us doing our emails on Pday


No comments:

Post a Comment