Monday, August 8, 2016

Week 43: A Week Without Focus Is....Just a Week

​​
Da Jia Hao! 

This week we didn't see as many miracles and just weren't as productive. It's sad because I really felt a difference this week from the other weeks. President has told us that there
​ are​
 four things that will allow you to be a successful missionary. Faith, Energy, Focus, and Skills. And he says if all of those are "up to par" that you'll hit numbers and be a baptizing missionary. Well this week Sister DeWitt and I struggled with Focus and Energy. We were both so tired and we just think that 
​prevented us from being 
focused. We found out on Sunday when we talked about it, that both of us had been having thoughts of home and just weren't 100% here. If that makes sense. I think it started with me seeing the Olympics
​ advertisements​
. I love the Olympics and I'm so sad I can't see it. But it's not that I (or we) have been home sick, it's that we have just both had thoughts of home
​.  We
 will see something that reminds us of home, or things like that. I think it's the thing that I've struggled with most on my mission. Is not thinking of home. Sometimes I do great, other times I do hai hao. But we'll get there. 

This week Lin DX committed to completely quit smoking and set a 
​firm ​
baptismal date
​. 
He's so ready! His faith is building slowly but surely
​,​
 and he's reading and praying, and he said his prayers have been getting better, and I just know that he's gonna make it!!! We had a plan for him, but he came up with his own plan. He said that he's gonna quit half then every day quit one. So by the 17th he should be completely done and then have a week before his baptism!!!! I believe 100% that he can do it! I'm just worried that maybe he doesn't believe
​ he can​
. He's so amazing and I know that he can do it!!! :D It's been so fun working with him and I just hope that Sister DeWitt and I can see him be baptized together, before we split on the 25th. We will see. Right now his date is the 24th. AHHH time goes so fast!!!!

Honestly I don't really know what else to say. I just feel like my head was in 
​the ​
clouds this week. It went
​ by​
 so fast. It also doesn't help that one day was wasted waiting for trains and such. We planned to go up to Su ao, another city in our area but we have to take the train. Well we've been once before and everything was fin
​e​
. But this time, we are like "Wait we've been on longer than before. Well we get off at the next stop and we are like in the middle of no where. Literally no where. It's a train station called Yong Le. (It's funny cause it's the characters for eternal and happy. SO eternal happiness train station.) But the guy tells us that we needed to switch 
​at 
a certain station. We aren't too far away but the next train isn't for another hour so we just sit there and call people while waiting for the train. Then we went to JiaoXi that night but then had to wait for that train 
​...ugh.  I
t's ok this
​ next 
week will be better 
​:-)

That's basically all I've got. We had zone meeting and I learned a lot from that. 
​I g
ained a lot of confidence and just realized how much I've grown in these last two transfers. I just feel like I have more confidence in who I am as a missionary. I've also been working really hard to study Chinese. And 
​to ​
just be better
​, a
lways trying to be better. I love this work and I'm so excited to have so much more time left! I know this church is true and I know my Savior lives!!!! I love you all!!

Love,

Sister Luo 

On the Train with Dong JM



Eternal Happiness Train Station

Eternal Happiness Train Station ... I look Happy no??

Yummy Taiwan mangos ... I can't get enough of them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment