Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 48: Week #2 in Song Shan

Hi Everyone,

Well I think I'm fully adjusted to Taibei. I'm even starting to get myself a round a little. 

Sister Wang and I have so much fun! We've been working on teaching 50 50 and I've been working on not just zoning off listening to the Chinese. I've found that here in Taibei I zone off really easily cause there's so much to look at. She's really been helping with my Chinese and I've been helping her with her English. We switch off everyday. One day will be an English day and the next will be a Chinese day. It's pretty cool.

So last week? We went on exchanges with the 
​N​
eiHu sisters, and we had an amazing lesson with Huang JM. She's super awesome and after declining baptism multiple times before, she accepted, and she came to church this week. Sister Wang said that she's changed a lot and I am just so grateful that the Spirit was in that lesson.  It's through little things like amazing lessons that I really feel like a servant of God. 

I feel like I don't know what to say. I'm just living my life here in Song Shan, as a missionary. We teach lessons, but no one is really progressing right now. We just passed off all the male investigators to the Elders because of the new rule. We get fang'd a lot (stood up), and 
​are spending a lot of time
 finding. We find investigators but then get 
​stood up a lot
. So that's basically it. 

I've really learned the difference between having faith, but also following the Spirit. it's cool because sometimes we get to an area and then I realize (after finding for a little) that I don't really feel good about the area. So we pray and ask God where we are supposed to go, and we have other thoughts, so we go to new places to find. And most of the time we see miracles :) It's super super cool. 

On Saturday we did temple tours up at the temple (tours around the chapel) and Sister Wang ran into two of her friends (which actually happens quite often) then I ran into the Weddles! And let me tel you I almost cried I was so happy! I finally got to see Sister Weddle! AND the Sevy's just moved here too!!! 
​I​
t's so funny that I keep running into them! I love these people so much and it was super funny cause I got to go to their chili cookoff (basically an awesome English ward party) then right after we went home and had a ward activity in our ward so I went from English to Taiwan within 30 min. Eating Chili to eating Taiwanese food. Interesting feeling and I wouldn't necessarily say I would do it again, but hey I'm just grateful I'm living here in Taiwan. 

I've been thinking about how next month is my year mark and then I only have 6 months left. It's kind
​ off​
 scary
​, ​
exciting
​, ​and 
sa
​d, a​
ll at the same time. I don't think about it a lot but it crosses my mind every on
​c​
e and a while. In a good way because it has helped me reflect on the missionary that I am, and how I can do better. I know that this work is real and that God is guiding us. I just hope that I can become better so I can be a better instrument in His hands. Sometimes I feel like I'm gaining more from my mission then I'm giving to others if that makes sense, and I hope that's not true. :) 

I love you all and hope you have a great week! This gospel is true and our Savior lives. He truly is the center of our message because only through Him can we repent and change, and become better and clean. I love this work and I love you!!!

Love,
Sister Luo
​ (Roberts)​

Xu Luo JM ... she's an amazing sister!

Sister Wang after peeling a fruit ... they always peel fruit

I love Taiwan!

Beijing Branch Reunion - the Weddles & Sister Harvey!

And another BJ Branch Reunion ... the Sevy's!!! They just moved to Taibei!

Taibei 101 Building

Beautiful & sneaky Sister Wang ... taking selfies with my camera :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment