Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 49: Two Typhoons

大家好!!!!

Who knew Taiwan was capable of two typhoons in one week? I didn't! The first one hit GaoXiong really hard...obviously you know better than ​I​ do cause I don't watch the news. But that day we felt the wind pretty bad. Sister Langley and I were on exchanges (Sister DeWitt's companion) and we were talking to this lady and were about to pray with her, when suddenly this huge huge gust of wind comes and for like 20 seconds we are standing there with our backs to the wind trying not to get blown away, and at the same time being hit with sticks and leaves...who knew leaves hurt when they hit your face...yea I didn't either. Sister Langley said a big stick hit my back (I had my bag on) but it made a hole in the poncho I was wearing....crazy. Luckily the lady afterwards still let us pray for her and gave us her number. She didn't live in our area though, which we knew so that's ok :) Other than that, it was just kinda big gusts of wind and pretty exciting. 

Monday (jumping back) was super fun. We hung out with our investigator Eago (who is amazing) She's Sister Trouble's older sister and we are almost shang wang ke'd with her (finished with all the lessons). But she doesn't have a baptismal date yet cause she says she still has to do something first. But she'll be baptized this transfer. I have faith. 

She took us a lot of fun places that I don't even know what they are called. She drove us and we just followed hahaha. So fun. Monday night we also met with our awesome Xu Hao Wei (a RC from before I came). He's rockin. Goin to seminary and all the good stuff. 

Tuesday holy smokes....guess who walked into our district meeting??? PRESIDENT AND SISTER JERGENSEN!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! it was so amazing@! And I've said this before, I'm not a fangirl for everyone except them hahaha. Seriously when they walked in I felt like my parents were walking in! It was a great district meeting. I learned a lot. 

Oh so this week we saw a super cool miracle. We had dinner with a return missionary and then had an hour to go finding before going to another member's home. President (and the church) have​ really been pushing that we ask​for ​referrals and spend as little time on the street as we can. That members and their friends are how the church is going to grow. Not so much from people on the street. So we've been working a lot with members and LA's a​nd asking for ​referrals. Anyway,​ we had an hour but our planned spot was about 10-15 min from the
​ ​
member's home and we were trying to decide whether or not we should go to this place to find, or go over by her house to find. Well after saying a prayer...or two. We decided to go finding at our planned place. And what happened? WE FOUND A FAMILY!​ A mom and dad with a little girl! And they set up with us! So so awesome. It was awesome because I really felt like we should go to the place to find and then we found a family!!! AHHH! President and Elder Evans (the general authority that just came) said that what Taiwan needs is families and priesthood holders. So that's our marching orders and that's what we're going to do. Baptize families :) 

The Bu has been getting us more apartments to look at. So we've seen a couple....but I just love the apartment we have now...I don't wanna leave.. Ugh. Oh well. 

We also had a mini MLC (mission leader council?) something like that, but because I'm a STL I get to go. It was really awesome and President and Sister Jergensen are amazing. They trust us so much and they really care about what we think. Amazing. I love them so much. 

That's pretty much my week! We've had some good lessons. And have some good progressing investigators. One is Huang JM. She came to church and has been reading, and has been praying about Joseph Smith and is just so awesome!!! And another is Serene. She is a referral and has been progressing so well!!!!

I love this work!!! This church is true and I'm so grateful to be a missionary!!!! I love you all and I'm just so happy!!!!

Love,
Sister Roberts






cool art from colored bottles


rainbow at rainbow bridge


exchanges ... so good to see Sister D!


101 building ... I love it!


Doesn't this soup just look fun to eat!


District dinner with Sis. Trouble and Cindy




No comments:

Post a Comment