Monday, June 27, 2016

Week 36: Happy Father's Day!

Hello!

This week was another week of miracles! We again didn't quite make the mission standards (key indicators) so that was disappointing, and I just feel like that hasn't changed my whole mission. Sister DeWitt and I talked about it and just tried to figure out  what we were doing wrong, and just what we can do better. A lot of things that she said as she expressed what she felt was exactly how I have felt my whole mission. About "I don't know what more I can do" "Why aren't we seeing more success" Kind of thing.

It's interesting though, here in YiLan we've seen more miracles than I feel I've seen in any other area. But all these amazing people we meet and miracles we see all turn out to be referrals because they don't live in our area. But I guess that's ok...Team Jesus. :-)

We started the week off with exchanges. Sister Kitchens (who I knew when I would go visit HuaLien and who I absolutely adore) and Sister Wang who is a ben di ren (native). I was with Sister Wang. She's so great and it was so cool to be companions with a ben di ren for a day because I got to hear great Chinese! :D I spent the evening talking to Sister Kitchens and basically just crying because of how badly I want to help others come unto Christ, how badly I want to help amazing people accept this amazing gospel and feel the amazing joy that it has brought me. And I just haven't felt I've done that. Maybe I shouldn't say it like that haha but I just wish sometimes that I could see more success in terms of baptisms/new investigators. In terms of my commitment, I'm completely 100% successful so I can't complain. Because in the end the numbers don't matter, it's the commitment. But anyway, sorry that was kind of a rant. 

Wednesday turned out to be a crazy day! The STL's left their phone in our apartment (they came to YiLan which is different but fun). So we were trying to figure out what to do, and then an investigator called us and was like I can meet you in an hour and this was an investigator we hadn't met with ever and hadn't been able to get a hold of so we were like "oh my goodness miracle" so we struggled to find a peike, and it was just crazy. The investigator turned out to be really weird and we aren't going to meet with him again but anyway. The rest of the day was ok but it started off crazy. We had English class and I had the awesome opportunity of teaching and bearing my testimony of the Savior in English class and the Spirit was really strong. I'm so grateful. 

On Thursday we saw an awesome miracle. We were going into a 7 to buy water, and we gave a lady an English tract. Didn't think too much about it. Well we walked out of the 7 and she asked us for more information about it. We wrote down her number then left. Well we were trying to find this place that we had planned to go and couldn't find it. Or it turned out to be a road with rice fields and two houses....usually how it goes... anyway, we turned around and we see this lady waving at us, well it turned out it was the lady we had just met at the 7. We had stopped right in from of her house. Except it wasn't her house it was a rentable house/apartment. It's called a mi shu. But I don't know how to explain it. Anyway, we talked to her some more and she set up with us! We went back the next day and taught her lesson 1, and she set a baptismal date. Well turns out she has three houses and the one she actually lives in is in Luo DOng, in the Elder's area. 

I called President to ask a question about one of the investigators we have that was baptized and never confirmed, and he talked to me for a little bit and just asked me how I was. It was so wonderful! He told me about how we all have weaknesses and that yes I am a new missionary but that he knew we were going to do great things and that the Spirit will compensate for any of my weaknesses. Well I saw that. The previous sister from YiLan texted me a potential. A little boy with great English and gave us his dad's number and address. Well geng hao last last week? We knocked into the same people. It was a miracle because I forgot to call the boy and forgot about him completely, until I made the connection. I realized that God really wants these people to be connected with missionaries. His whole family (Chris's family) except his mom, came to English class and I just know that we are going to be able to teach them later. I hope :)

Well other than that, we have one investigator that we are confident will get baptized. His name is Zhou DX. He's so great and his date is for the 16th. He's been an eternal investigator but he is so close now. He wants to get baptized, he's just a little afraid. 

That's pretty much it. Basically it was another week of reflection of what I can do better, and just wondering what God's will is for me. Yup. 

It all just comes down to my testimony and my conversion. I know with all of my heart that this gospel is true. I don't really know how else to say it. I just know that God is in charge of everything, and that He loves each and every one of us. I'm so grateful for the trust that He has put in me, and in this area, and I just hope I am making Him proud. I haven't felt it too much, but that's just probably because I'm too hard on myself. I don't know. I love you all so much and hope everything is well! Gong xi Dyllen and his new wife! :D 

Love,

Sister Luo 

these little black birds that attack us!



Zongzi!

Friendly lady on the subway ... she ditched her plans to help us go to YiLan

Waffles!!!! Who knew you could put so much in waffles!!!! He has lunch waffles and dessert waffles! Every Thursday!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment