Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Week 73: March Already???

大家好!

HOLY SMOKES WHY DOES TIME GO SO FAST??? I can't believe it's March already!!!

Well I think the biggest thing about this week was Sunday. We had 5 investigators at church! And it was sooo crazy! So we cover 3 wards. Our area is YongHe but if there's any single female investigators
​ in the other wards
 we teach them. So sometimes we go to all three wards. Only sometimes, well a lot of the time. BUT yesterday, we get to church
​be​
cause an investigator is supposed to come (this is in the morning and the zhonghe ward so not ours)
​ ​
and we call another investigator who we had went to go visit the night before to ask if she was coming because she has a two year old son and no motorcycle cause her husband takes it. So she needed a ride, but she doesn't answer her phone, so we had no way of confirming with her. Anyway, we called her (Cheng JM) and she actually answered and is like "They haven't come yet to pick me up" And we started freaking out because we didn't ask anyone to get her because she never answered and anyway
​s​
, last minute we found someone to take her to church.
​ ​
We pulled someone out of class and she drove us to her house, then drove us back to church, and Rachel (ChengJM) had a great experience. Elder Evans from the 70 also happened to be there and shared a great testimony and she was really touched. She was really nervous the whole time though so that was kind
​ of
a awkward but it's ok. She's great and we are so glad she could come!!!!

Then we had the Xie family come. Huang JM and Leo are getting baptized in two weeks and just keep asking if they can learn faster haha. They did a temple tour on Saturday and we taught them tithing and they accepted! Of course. She's like "No problem". Literally, she's incredible. We ha
​ve​
 been so blessed here in YongHe with so many prepared people. I'm so grateful. 

We also found a super cute new investigator this week, her name is Wang JM. She came to church on Sunday and Liao JM (our RC) totally took her in. She really guan xin'd her and just is incredible. These people are incredible. 

We also had the new member fireside this Sunday and the assistants texted us that morning saying that a "goldy"
​ ​
had walked into the church. Well she stayed for all three hours then we met her at the fireside at night, and set up with her. Her name is Ruby. She has a friend from Canada who is LDS and has talked to her about church and stuff. We gave her a Book of Mormon and we're so excited! People to teach (especially prepared people) just fall into our laps! I'm so grateful!!!

We just see so many miracles and I wish that I
​ ​c
ould explain them to you! But my fingers don't type fast enough!!!

Oh I forgot to say, last p-day, we had a member, Brother Xie take us on a little tour of Taiwan. He's a taxi driver, and we went with the zhong 2 elders to 4 different places. Taiwan is soooo beautiful!!!!

I can't believe that it's already the 4th week of the transfer!!!! Like literally it's unbelievable. WE
​ ​
JUST
​ ​
STARTED
​ ​
A
​ ​
NEW
​ ​
TRANSFER!!!! Why does time go so fast??????? Ugh.......it's ok. 

We also had interviews with President. We have interviews with him every transfer now!!!
​P​
oor President!!! But I know that he is called of God. I didn't know I was having a hard time but through some questions he asked I realized that I had gone back to thinking about myself and being hard on myself. SO I've made some goals to just focus completely on others and develop charity. I
​ ​
also really want to study the life of Christ more. To learn more about my Savior and how the Atonement really applies to me. I am just soooo grateful for President. He encouraged me and  told me I was doing well, and just helped give me the assurance I needed. 

I think the biggest thing I've learned recently is about the Sacrament. President has really been focusing on this lately, and it was something talked about in the worldwide missionary broadcast. They said if you want to be good
​at ​
*anything*, partake of the sacrament. And I've really been pondering this and figuring out what I can do to really understand and partake of the Sacrament
​ more meaningfully​
. I really liked how Sister Jergensen put it, just putting something on the alt
​a​
r. Thinking of what we want to improve and praying and asking God to help us. And I've really been trying to ponder what the Savior has done for me. But I have come to really appreciate the sacrament. I
​ ​
know that my Savior lives. I
​ ​
know that He atoned for our sins and through Him, we can become complete. We can overcome our weaknesses, we can find strength, we can become clean. I
​ ​
love Him and I'm so grateful for the honor that I
​ ​
have to always have
​H​
is name on my lips. I testify of Him everyday, and it's such an honor. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!!!

Oh yea, we also had MLC today. MY
​ ​
LAST
​ ​
ONE! Elder Funk of the 70 came and is doing a mission tour. I learned a lot :) I'm so grateful for this chance I've had to be a STL. It's been 5 transfers of being a STL....and that's almost half my mission. I
​ ​
have learned so much and am so grateful that I've had this chance to learn from these incredible Sisters. And this time is coming to a close haha. Still have time though. 

I
​ ​
LOVE
​ ​
THIS
​ ​
WORK!!!!

Love,
Sister Roberts

Beautiful Taiwan and I love these people!!!!























No comments:

Post a Comment