Monday, July 4, 2016

Week 38: Happy Birthday America!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!!!

I gotta say, I have a lot of pride for my country. I guess it kinda happens like that especially when you don't live there...haha.

This week was amazing. Flat out amazing. Like it was amazing! The best birthday present ever was that we hit all of our key indicators. It was so so so awesome. It was a miracle, and I just can't explain how grateful I am. I think Sister DeWitt and I just realized how critical it was to focus on the key indicators and just to have a good attitude about it all. Expect success. That's our motto. And it's brought us miracles. We focus on the key indicators but aren't forcing them, you know? It's awesome. I just feel like we've worked so hard, and that God then makes up the rest. 

I don't even know what else to tell you about this week. My birthday was pretty great and it was really cool because we went over to visit a member's daughter's home who isn't a member, and had a good spiritual share. The member kept telling her kids to wish me happy birthday (haha) it was so cute. I don't even know how she knew. But it was awesome. Then we came home and ate frozen cheesecake, and just had fun. Sister DeWitt made my birthday feel like my birthday and I'm so grateful! She's so much fun and I love her so much!

We had some good lessons with our investigators and our most progressing is Jeremy Zhou. He came to church this week for an hour and it was awesome because we found out that his underlying reason for not coming to church is because he didn't like it. He didn't like priesthood class because it's too strict? He also hates wearing white shirts...so we've got some work to do. But he's great and his date is for the 16th. He wants it and I know that if he makes a few more changes like coming to church every week, he'll make it! 

We also had a lesson with my friend Peng Di Xiong. He's an eternal investigator and we found out he didn't even know who Joseph Smith was and didn't know how to ask God for answers, so we basically started over again. Taught him lesson one, and it went really well. He commited to praying about it and I know that if he just makes the effort, he'll make it. 

We saw a cool miracle this week. We went and biked about 20-25 minutes away and we found this one road, and went finding on it. And we got three set ups and 2 new investigators!!! On one road!!! In like an hour!!! How amazing is that???? God is a God of miracles. End of story :) 

OH OH OH OH!!!!! So last p-day we went and hiked up to a waterfall! BUT then we had spicy icecream!!! It has like the hottest peppers I've ever tasted IN SIDE the icecream!!!! We were all like crying!!! And we only shared one scoop between three of us! So crazy!!!! You'll have to try it some time :) We also went hiking with two elders and their investigator!!!!!

Seriously, other than that I don't know what else to say specifically. It was a lot of good finding, and just a lot of little miracles. Basically, for the first time in my life, I feel like a missionary. I love teaching so much, and I'm so suprised everytime how much Chinese I speak. Like...I'm teaching lessons in complete Chinese. WHO KNEW????? 

I know with all of my heart that this gospel is real. I just can't say it any other way. My heart literally burns with the Spirit and I'm so grateful that I get this opportunity to share about my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Our Savior and Redeemer. I don't know what I did to deserve this opportunity, and I just am so grateful for everything that has led me to be here. I love you all and hope you have a great week!!!!

Love,
Sister Luo

Turtle Island 




Just as it says!!







Birthday Cheesecake

me emailing you!


Birthday packages



Us emailing on Pday

No comments:

Post a Comment