Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Week 40: Short week of miracles!

I don't really know what to title my e-mails.... cause basically every week is just full of more miracles!!!!

This week was so great, even though it was only 4 days we had so many miracles!!!! I'll just start with the biggest :) 

We dropped off Cai JM at the train station, then went to drop off her bike at Dong JM's house. Well Dong JM has a referral for us and we are going to visit them this next week so she invited us in and we talked about details, but then it turned into her showing us pictures for like 20 min.​I​t was ​a bit of wasted time and we were supposed to be finding. SO we get to the place we planned to go finding (actually we picked a general area, then we trusted the Spirit to guide us) so we stop and are about to pray to start finding, and suddenly this guy pulls around the corner. I say hello and he stops his car. His name is Mike and he's this little punk 17 year old haha. He has dyed blonde hair, driving a motor scooter, he also smokes, and is a break dancer. We start talking and turns out he was baptized in July​ in a church​ because he wanted a new start. We started talking about priesthood authority and how you need it for a complete baptism. Well we share the first lesson on the street to explain the priesthood and then we talk about baptism. He asks (before we invited him), with this look of glee on his face, "can i get baptized again?" then after talking a little more he's like "I didn't really feel anything when I got baptized. There was no change." So basically we just ran into the most prepared punk kid you'll ever meet. He called his brother to see if he could come meet us right now, but his brother didn't answer. And he also asked if his friend could come to our meeting next week. He also came to church AND invited his friend. So his friend and him were both there. They came for half of sacrament meeting and Sunday school, and in Sunday school, Mike was like shushing his friend so that he could listen. The lesson was on fasting and we split into small groups and someone asked him what he thought fasting was for and he just gave a brief answer but just said "I think it can help others and ourselves" Basically he's just the coolest thing that's ever happened to this planet. Haha just kidding. But it was a miracle!!!

Honestly other than that, Sister DeWitt and I are just trying to figure out how to be better teachers. We feel like none of our investigators understand how important it is that they pray and read everyday!!!! And it's so frustrating. We are going to work more on following up and just trying to help them understand how important it is. 

Honestly, other than that I don't know what else to say. I had a cool experience on Sunday, we watched this video of family search, and it was of a recent convert and of her story
​ ​
going to the temple and being sealed to her husband who passed away, and i just felt the Spirit so strong tell me that this work is real. What I am doing is real, and my heart was and is just so full of desire to help others experience the joy that this gospel brings!!! To help them feel this and just ugh! i don't know how to explain! I just want nothing more to see someone go to the temple and just see their lives change! This work is real. God is real. He is in the details in our lives and He loves each and every one of His children. He is waiting with outstretched arms to help you and to bring you back into His presence. He wants every single one of His children to return back to Him, and that's why we have this gospel. That's why we have the plan of salvation, and the Book of Mormon, and everything. This is REAL. I know it with all of my heart! I love you all and I love this gospel! I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ who died and atoned for us so that we could all return back to God's presence. 

I invite you all to invite someone to church this week. That's my simple invite :) 

Love,
Sister Luo

Our beautiful church building in Yilan

Our apartment





Mike

Street contacting

No comments:

Post a Comment