Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Week 39: We're famous & Halfway mark!

So goodness gracious...

I have so much to say and so little time. First of all the temple was awesome. I did sealings for the first time and it was great because it was all in Chinese and I didn't understand any of it haha. Anyway. It was awesome. 

Second, it was awful having to wait a few extra days to talk to you, not because I needed the break or anything like that, but because I have so much to say and no possible way to say it all!!! I'll just summarize...that's the worst. 

Well, yes the typhoon. It was fine. We were so excited for it and we were at the night market picking up some dinner and this news reporter comes over and asks if he can interview us. He's like "Where are you from" and "Is this your first typhoon? How do you feel?" And basically that was it. We called to make sure it was even allowed for him to do that so hopefully it was BUT basically Sister DeWitt and I are famous and now everyone in the area is going to be baptized because they saw us... yea. Be Jealous. :) 

We only felt a little bit from the Typhoon. It was crazy. We didn't get any rain really. Just wind. There were a few occasions where we would be biking and then suddenly we were pedaling and not moving... and laughing/crying cause it was so fun. The wind was crazy!!!!! And we just laughed!!!!

So this week we have a duan chuan!!! We got a call the other day saying that there were a bunch of young women who were going to do mini missions, and guess who got to host one. WE DO. Duan chuan is basically short term missionary. SO yea :) Best thing ever! She's so great and I feel sorry for her because this week has just been a lot of her standing around waiting for us because this week was kinda different with the temple and such. It's also been hard ONLY speaking Chinese!!! Like it's a struggle and most of the time we just end up speaking English.... not knowing that we are doing it. Yea. Anyway. She's brought miracles. We have seen so many miracles because of her. Maybe not because of her but it's just awesome that she is here. Specifically one investigator Shi JM. She was baptized before we came to YiLan and we've been trying to get in touch with her but she hasn't answered our calls and this week we went and visited her in a last attempt to find her and she let us in and we just talked and found out she's sick and that's why she wasn't confirmed? I don't know exactly what the sickness is. But Cai JM our missionary companion had a similar experience and she was able to share how the gospel helped her and then Shi JM completely changed. She reset a baptismal date and just is so awesome! It was a miracle and that's why she came to YiLan!!! 

I also ran into 
​Kate
 Weddle today!!! The triplets are also doing the mini mission but unfortunately I struck out and wasn't able to host them!!! But Lily is in San Chong!!!! Ah so cooL!!! 

We also had Zhou DX (Jeremy) who canceled his baptismal date because of some things and he's just not ready. He was going to get baptized this week but yea he's not ready. We happened to (it was a miracle) run into him at the train station. We were finding and it was like 15 minutes until the Elder's baptism started and we were about to leave, and suddenly we see Jeremy standing there. Well we invite him to the baptism and he's like "I haven't eaten yet, but I'll come". We were a little non believing and weren't sure if he would really come. Or he would come but would be late. Well the baptism started at 7:30 and we were standing by the bathroom and suddenly he walks by at 7:30 exactly and says "Chi bao le" Which means "I'm full" basically "I've eaten". It was so so so funny!!!! We were so amazed that he came, and we actually had 3 investigators at the baptism which was so awesome!!! I was playing the piano for the baptism and I was standing up at the stand during the talks and such and I just was overcome with love for these people. Especially my investigators and just missionary work. I was so grateful that we are having so much success and I have never been happier. 

SO another miracle, Sunday night. We still had to find 4 new investigators, to make the key indicator of 6 for the week. And actually we miraculously had 2 new investigators from church because Hong JM and her daughter (a referral from the elder's) came and set up with us. We've met with them and they are amazing and so golden!!! I'm so excited. But sorry that wasn't the point. Basically, we had 25 min left in the night to find 2 new investigators. And we did. ... just like that. I don't know how to explain it but it just was a miracle. 

The biggest thing that has changed in our companionship and in the way that I do missionary work is our attitude. We truly BELIEVE that we can accomplish goals. That we can hit the key indicators and we have an attitude of expect success. Basically our faith is just super strong and it's just amazing. 

There were other things that happened last week but I can't remember right now....sorry. 

I just have grown so much this last transfer. (By the way transfers are this week, so half way done with training) and next transfer is only 5 weeks instead of 6 because of school. So that means the next next transfer will be 7 weeks. Yikes :( One week less of amazing chuan jiaoing with Sister DeWitt. I'll miss that one. Anyway. I just think that the biggest thing I've learned is to believe. Truly believe. And to love. Especially these past couple weeks. I have really grown to love these people. Not just love the Taiwanese but to love them individually. Even the one's who reject us. I really feel it's this missionary "mantel" I carry. When I would normally judge the way someone looks, I don't and instead I think of them as a son/daughter of God. It's just amazing. 

I know this church is true. It isn't just another church. And it isn't the mormon church. This is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It's Jesus Christ's EXACT church that he organized when He was on the Earth. I'm so grateful to be a part of this work and I frequently ask myself. What did I do to deserve this opportunity? It's an amazing thing and I'm so grateful. I love you all and I'll talk to you in 4 days haha. 

Love,
Sister Roberts

Oh wait, I forgot to say another miracle. In the temple, right before our endowment session, I ran into Sister Kang? The missionary from TaiDong who served in Georgia and who was companions with Sister Barben!!! It was a miracle!!!!!! God is amazing!!!

We were interviewed on the TV news!


I saw Kate Weddle!  She's beautiful ... and we matched! 

No comments:

Post a Comment