Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 61: YongHe week #3 ... Zone conference & Choir

Holy smokes where do I even begin with this week. 

Monday was fine, nothing too special. Just went to choir. 

Tuesday we had zone conference! Two of them. Sister Tinsley and I went to South first, and President showed up!!!! Crazy! And apparently he whispered to some sisters next to him "They are doing a really great job" SO I'm grateful that our trainings (that were his trainings) went well haha. Then we went to Song Shan!!!! :D For East zone conference which went well. Not as well as South but that's ok. It was so fun to be back in Song Shan. But it was different. It just wasn't my area anymore and just felt a little different. Really interesting. I tried to explain it to Sister Tinsley but it didn't really work. But it's the same way I felt when I went back to YiLan. 

Tuesday night and Wednesday we were on exchanges with the JingMei Sisters. Sister Calderwood and Munsee. They are so cute and we had a lot of fun. I was with Sister Calderwood and we both made goals together to run every morning. I just am going to run for 30 min every morning. It'll be great. I learned a lot about myself this exchange. Just about who I am, why I am confident and why I'm not, just things like that and it was great. 

Wednesday night was English class which was fun :) I love kids a lot. Sister Tinsley complimented me and said that I'm good with kids. :) She's sweet. 

Thursday we had WPS

Friday was a day set apart by the mission to work with members. So literally all day, we were meeting with members. Literally every second of the day we were traveling somewhere or in a lesson. It was great!!! We are working with the members in the ward to help them make their own family mission plan. We help them think of names and then specific actions that they can do to prepare their friends. Not give us referrals, but to prepare their friends. :) It's been incredible to see the members get excited about the work and we're going to keep doing it! :D 

Saturday, all day we were doing choir things. We went to sing at a school and then came back and had some "free time" that we used effectively while we waited for the English ward nativity to start (which we sang a few songs in). I saw the Weddle's, the Sevy's and yea I love them!!! It was a great day and I loved seeing the nativity!

Sunday, miracle day. We obviously didn't have a lot of time to missionary this week but we still got green key indicators! And it mostly happened from Sunday miracles. We had people come to church, got member lessons, found a new investigator who also brought her friend to the lesson who then set a baptismal date, and then we had a couple of investigators come to the nativity Sunday night too. Basically it all just worked out and I just know that it was God. 

We have some awesome baptismal date investigators and other awesome investigators. I don't have a lot of time right now so I'll write ALL about them next week. I love you so much and I don't ever not want to be a missionary. I hope every one knows how incredible this work it. I just feel like my life is full. There's nothing else I would rather be doing right now and it scares me to think about coming home...a lot.   But I'm not thinking about it too much. I love you all. I knothis church is true I know that Jesus Christ lives, and I'm so grateful for Him and His influence in my life. I know that He has helped me become better and overcome weakness and mistakes and I know that through Him, we can all receive eternal life. I love Him and I love representing Him. 

I love you all and have a great week. We are starting week #4 of the transfer....Christmas is coming and so is the end of the transfer!!!!

Also, family, I'll get back to you with a time for skyping next week. :) We have to figure out where we are going to do it first. 

Love,

Sister Roberts

Zone Conference



English Class ... I love the kids!!


On the bus to choir practice and performance

APs & Office Elders


Me taking a picture of a member who took a picture of me

Nativity sets from all around the world!

Sister Tinsley making calls on the train



No comments:

Post a Comment