Monday, December 19, 2016

Week 62: What is warm? I forgot! Merry Christmas!

Well..... it's cold. But it's not cold....

Taiwan is so weird! There were two days this week where I was FREEZING and I don't know if it's cause I've been in Taiwan too long and have adjusted to the weather or if it actually was cold. And I'll never know because we don't 
​have ​
a thermometer. 
​T​
hat's ok :) I just have been really cold. We've pulled out the space heaters and I've worn gloves, and my coat, and a cardigan, and tights at least all of those once this week. But I am very grateful because today is the 19
​th​
 of 
​D​
ecember and it's warm...like almost hot.  Anyway
​,​
 Not snow but I'm not complaining. I use
​d​
 to like the cold. 

This week was pretty good. We went on exchanges twice this week and it was pretty tiring. Tuesday-Wednesday was the SongShan sisters!!! Sister Miller (my previous companion) and her new comp, Sister Reinhard. I was with Sister Reinhard. Then Thursday-Friday was with the YiLan Sisters!!! oh I forgot to tell you Sister Wong (my Taiwanese companion) is white wash training in YiLan!!! So I got to go on ex
​c​h
anges with her!!! FUN!!!!! It was really fun to be with her again
​.​
 We bought matching jade rings :) 

So I told you last week (and thanks to my mother for the reminder) that I would tell you about our investigators because apparently I don't do that enough. ooops. They're only the most important part about my life
​!!​

First most progressing 
​investigator ​
is probably 
​C
 Ama. I've sent cute pictures of her before. But she's pretty much ready to be baptized but she thinks she doesn't know how to pray except she does. She's even willing to take the bus to church every week. We are just going to make sure she's overcome some concerns. She's so precious and brings me so much joy. Her understanding of the gospel is very childlike but she tries to understand and she's so smart. I love her. 

Next is 
​N
. She basically should already be baptized. She comes to church every week, understands the scriptures and is just awesome. But things are just
​ ​
a little slower for her because she THINKS she doesn't understand. But really she does. We will read a scripture with her and will ask her what it means and she'll say I don't know. Then we will simply explain it, then she'll say "so it means..................." and it was better than our explanation. She's awesome and so ready :) 

Next is 
​Y
 JM actually I haven't met her yet haha. Because we've only met with her when we've been on exchanges and Sister Tinsley has gone. But she has a baptismal date and is super great!!! Apparently she smokes and drinks everyday but she want
​s ​
to change. So here we go!!! 

​G
 is already Christian and we've been meeting wit
​h ​
her since the beginning of this transfer. She's a part of another Christian church so she has some weird habits but the more we meet with her, the more normal she is. Like for example. Well first, this church is called lin liang tang. And every time they feel the spirit they move their tongue up and down. Weird
​!​
 But that's ok. She just wants to know what is true and she is reading and praying and she's already ditched us for church for two weeks. But she promised us she would come this next week. 

Then we have another Ama as our investigator. Her name is 
​Z
 Ama and she's actually  another ward in Taibei's bishop's mom.  She's also Christian and also has weird xi guans (habits) but it's ok. We're working on it. 

Those are our baptismal date investigators right now. As for other investigators we have a lot but one especially who I adore. Her name is 
​J
. She wants to know if God exists. But she has a lot of concerns. For one she thinks religion is just a story that people create for emotional support. Another thing is that she doesn't think she needs to be baptized because she thinks she can get the blessings of the church without being baptized. So we're still working on it. But she's doing everything she needs to. She's come to church for two weeks now, done a temple tour with us, prays everyday, and promised us that she will read the BOM for at least 5 min everyday. Pray for her. I know she will get an answer but I'm also afraid that she's just doing these things to do it. And I don't know if she believes that she will get an answer. But she's incredible and just so sweet and funny. I asked her (and I've asked her multiple times) the reason why she is meeting with us and willing to do this. And she said for one, she likes us. 2, she's curious and wants to know. So yes. I love her. 

I think that's it for real investigators right now. They are all incredible. and I love them so much. We have others but those are the most progressing. We have a lot of teaching this week too. Basically every hour is set up and there's hardly any time to find. But that just means that we are going to see miracles when we talk to people in between lessons. I love being a missionary so so much. 

I'm so grateful that I can speak Chinese and I can't believe it. Every single day, whether I'm speaking to someone, or reading characters, I'm just blown away. The gift of tongues is real!!!! 

I've really been trying not to think about how much time I have left....but it's so hard. I hit my year on island this week. So a year ago from this week....I came to Taiwan. Scary!!! At the same time it's really motivating. I'm just trying to stay focused. The thing that is distracting is that I'm just so sad about leaving kinda soon....I still have time but I can't help but feel so sad that this time is ever going to end. Anyway
​, i​
t makes me cherish every moment and I am so so happy right now because of this time that I have. I love these people so much. They mean the world to me and I can't explain how grateful I am. 

This week is Christmas and I can't wait! This Thursday, we have another all together mission party. Which president again had to get permission for!!! it's going to be incredible!!!! And then this weekend is the special choir concert performance that is going to be broadcasted to you :) Yay!!!! 
​I​
 am singing a solo and am so excited!!! I love you all and I love this work. Have a great week and just remember to remember Jesus Christ this Christmas seaso
​n​
!!!!

Love,
Sister Roberts
羅姐妹



Raw egg sauce ... ummm


actually it was pretty good ... it was egg & spice.  Fun to be with sister Miller again!



the drinks in Taiwan are so yummy!!!

Becky & Kelin came to visit me!!!  I love them!

Becky & Kelin

Sister Tinsley making the pain face


District lunch & exchanges with the Song Shan sisters!


No comments:

Post a Comment