Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 59: Cold, Wet & Thanksgiving

大家好!!!!

Wow i don't even know what to say about this week!!!! But I just want to start off by saying, a member just called us and said "Hey i have a friend" And I was like "uh huh" and then she's like "she wants to hear the gospel" And I was like "HOLY SMOKES NO WAY ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! YOU'RE KIDDING ME
​!​
 WHAT IN THE WORLD????" Then we set up a time to meet he. AHHHHHH miracles are real!!! :D I'm so excited!!!!! 

This week was pretty stressful. We went on exchanges with our lovely Sister Pillar and Sister McKim who live in XinDian. And that was fun. The exchange kinda snuck up on us though so we didn't really plan for it as much as we would have like but that's ok. This week we really feel as though we haven't been able to stay on top of things. We just have so many people to call and no time to do it. I feel like I don't even have time to think about my investigators...but that's not true haha. 

We had a lot of people cancel on us this week. The funny thing about Taiwanese, is that they are afraid of the rain. It's actually not funny...it's really annoying :( Sister Tinsley counted how many times we were cancelled on and it was 11......3 of those people were new and almost new investigators. BUT that's ok I guess.... I just had a hard time mentally because my body has really been hurting.I haven't mentioned it too much but it's hurt since I was in San 
​C​
hong
​,​
 
​s​
o about my 4th transfer. It's my back and now my feet. It hasn't gotten worse until recently. If I stand up too long, it hurts. If i sit down too long, my tailbone and back hurt. if I wear a bag and stand up too long, it hurts. If I don't wear a bag and stand up too long, my back hurts. I just hurt all the time. So when we had all these lessons cancel it's just really hard mentally to be like "Yes I'm so excited to go finding!" Because 1. it's in the rain. 2. no one is outside because of the rain. 3. my body hurts.... BUT that's ok. 
​M​
edicine doesn't really help and I called the mission nurse about it who gave me stretches to do which didn't help. I'm loving life hah :D I really do love being a missionary and I think the reason I haven't mentioned it before is just because by the time I get to e-mail, I
​'​
m just thinking about all the good things about missionary work! :D 

We have some incredible people we are teaching right now. We saw the biggest miracle on Friday night. Sister Tinsley and I had been feeling a little discouraged. I don't know why
​,​
 
​b​
ut just no
​t​
 really feeling great or wanting to go out
​s​
ide. But we talked about it a little and just went out and worked hard. And we met the most incredible girl I've ever met. She lived in WI for her masters and is already Christian.
​ ​
But she asked so many good questions. And side note, before we left our bikes to go find, I had the thought to grab a BOM. So I did. And this girl (qi qi) asks "Wait so i heard you read another book?" So then I
​ ​
explained briefly the Book of Mormon, and said "we actually wanted to give this to you." She goes "Wow really? thank you so much!" And then at the end of the contact she asks if she can pray for us. She says the most sincere prayer I've ever heard.Sister Tinsley was crying by the end. She just was like "Thank you for sending these Sisters here. I know it wasn't an accident.....please help me to do your plan and not my plan...." And then she also told us without us even inviting her to, "I will read this book and then when we meet we can discuss it!" HOLYSMOKES!!!So so awesome!!!! 

I think from that night, i learned some really important things. The most important that I learned 
​is that ​
the adversary is real. He puts discouraging thoughts into our heads and feelings of laziness and just thoughts that make missionary work hard. BUT when we recognize those thoughts and just trust in God, miracles happen.I know that to be true. Very true. The adversary is real but so is God. And God will always overcome the bad. ALWAYS. Just like light always overpowers darkness. 

AHHH I forgot to tell you about thanksgiving!!!!

So basically thanksgiving was a miracle. We were on the street on Wednesday or something and we met the coolest member ever (Yo) on the street.Earlier all of our plans had fallen though and so we prayed about where to go. We picked a spot and met this member on the road. He's a RM and is always so so happy! He's one of the happiest people I've ever met! All the missionaries know him and I have the honor of going to his same church building. He's in a different ward but that's ok. He saw us and comes to talk to us. He says "When is the next time you're going on exchanges?" We said "Thursday" He said come over to my house and I'll feed you!" We were like "Yo do you know what day it is????? THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!" And sister Tinsley and I said earlier that day that we didn't have any plans for thanksgiving and were kinda sad. But then this miracle happened!!!!! We all freak out and it was an awesome thanksgiving!!! He just bought a bunch of food from Costco!!!! And it was so awesome! He even bought pumpkin pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH So so grateful!!!!! I'm just so grateful for him and for his kindness towards the missionaries!!!!! 

The rest of the week was just as I explained.We just are working on building our area without getting lost and over our heads. I am so excited to be a missionary and am so grateful I still have so much time. I think the only reason I'm excited to come home is so that I can take care of my body again. ANYWAY. I
​ ​
love you so much. I
​ ​
have been studying the Savior's life because of Christmas coming up. I've been studying His birth and using Jesus the Christ to study and it's been awesome. I know that the Savior is real. That God's plan is real. I feel like I say the same things every week but it's just how I feel. It's not just something I
​ ​
believe. It's more. I know that it's true. God lives and He loves us all. 
​H​
e created a perfect plan for all of us and if we hearken to the words of the prophets, and the scriptures, and if we follow the teachings of them and the Savior, we will always be protected and we will always be able to deal with our life's challenges. I love you all and I
​ ​
hope you all know how much
​ ​
i love the gospel!!!!

Love from
​ ​
Taiwan,
Sister

Sister Tinsley - 6'2"

Thanksgiving!

Nancy our wonderful investigator!!! And Kay (with the blonde hair) who was baptized 3 months ago and is the most incredible person ever!!! 

The world famous zhua bing

I love learning Chinese, especially when it involves my dad (Rod) :-)


Sister Tinsley and I

Spicing up study time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment