Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Week 55: The Reality of Referrals & Schedule Change

大家好!!!

​W​e were at MLC this week (Friday) and we were given a training about referrals and sending them through this super sweet computer system. Well Elder Richards (our office elder right now) was giving the training and he told this story/experience, or a referral that was given to some sisters. Then he said "This was about 5 weeks ago. Since they received the referral, she's been to church 4 times, including general conference, she is shang wan keing today (finshing the lessons) and is getting baptized in the next week" We were all like "wow that's so cool" then President Jergensen said "Who sent the referral" Elder Richards goes "Actually I just looked it up and shout out to the *pause while he looks around the room* SONG SHAN SISTERS, Sister Roberts and Wong!" Everyone was like "YEA!" and cheered and stuff. And I was super gan dong (moved). I realized that the little things I do such as meet someone on the street and send a referral can lead to baptisms. I just think I'm someone who wants to see the difference I"m making. But I've probably already said this recently, but I was praying the other day just telling God how I felt and I am constantly praying to be an instrument in God's hands. That's all I want really. And I had the thought "That's what being an instrument in my hands means. It means that you won't always get to see the results, but that you do what I ask". And I also had another though that "You are doing more than you know/can see" And I know that's true. It's just hard to remember sometimes. I know that if we let Him, God will use us to help His children and that no matter who we are, what are life circumstances are, we can always serve others. And through our service, we are serving God. 

Ice skating :D with our district and some R.C's from another city.

This week was pretty good. We got a lot of new investigators but no one who is really solid except maybe one. I've been working hard to increase our English class numbers. Just trying to think of how to have a better English class (because I'm our English unit's leader) and this week we got a new investigator from English class and she set a baptismal date and everything! Super sweet. 

The glorious moment of peanut butter ice and being Sister DeWitt's companion again!! #blessings



So this email is just going to be random thoughts that come to my mind. But yesterday, we met this Jehovah's Witness. And she was super nice and listened to what we said but then we asked if we could share a video with her. She's like yea but let me share one first, and this video was a "This church is great, we welcome everyone" Kind of video. And it was very nice. But then we shared a video of Christ and the feel
​ing​
 was just completely different. I bore testimony of the Savior and she's just like "Yea, welcome you to my church. You should come" And it was nice and all. But it left me with the biggest question in the whole entire world. HOW ARE THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESS'S SO GOOD AT SHARING THEIR CHURCH? WHAT DO THEY DO TO MOTIVATE THEIR MEMBER
​​
? Every JW I've ever met has been super "Come to my church" And I don't understand. As The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we have the truth. The complete truth. We have the Spirit. The promise from God that when we share the gospel we will have blessings that will exceed our understanding. And yet....we don't. Why is it that we have such a hard time sharing the gospel? I just don't understand. I know for myself, I just need to do better. I need to find the small ways to share the gospel and then follow up. Read Elder Oaks talk from this last conference, and one from November or may of 2014. By
​E​
lder
​B​
allard about following up! I encourage every member to read PMG! (Dad and Mom especially you with the kids) and share what you learn with me! Please :) 

EXCHANGES


I had a couple cool experiences this week (i can't remember the exact lessons they were in) but the Spirit was just different. I just really felt like I was a missionary and that I felt a little bit of that missionary power. I can't say that I have the burning feeling of th
​e​
 Spirit all the time but I know that He's always with me. I just wish that I could better grasp the missionary calling.

Also....members have been asking me how long I've been out...and they're like "Oh you're old" And I'm like "What are you talking about, no I'm not"....yikes so apparently it's becoming a real thing....

We went on exchanges with the Yilan sisters this week. And guess who I got to be companions with?????? YOU GUESSED IT SISTER DEWITT!!!!
​She
 is still in Yilan. I loved Yilan but I could not be there for 4+ transfers
​ (it's a long time for any area)​
. She's training there so she'll be there for 5....but she said that she's doing great and that after exchanges (after following up with her) she said that exchanges just gave her a huge boost and I'm just so grateful cause I felt the same way. She's my favorite person like ever and it just feels we have been friends for an eternity!!! I'm just so grateful we could go on exchanges because it really boosted me as well. I feel I was dragging my feet a little bit but now I'm just ready to GO :D 

Sorry that this e-mail is so random and stuff. I just didn't really have any specific things to say. I know that this gospel is real. I'm just working on strengthening my testimony and being a better teacher. I know that I'm changing and sometimes it doesn't feel like it. I just hope that I'm making the most of every moment I have here!!!! I love you all so much and hope that all is well!!!!

Oh one more thing...our schedule changed 30 min. The afternoon finding time really is pretty in effective. So President has gotten permission for us to change our schedule 30 minutes. So now our schedule looks like this: 
o 7:00 am arise, pray, exercise (30 minutes), and prepare for the day

o 8:00 am breakfast

o 8:30 am personal study…

o 9:30 am companion study…

o 10:30 am language study

o 11:30 am begin proselyting. You may take an hour for lunch and additional study and an hour for dinner at times during the day that fit best with your proselyting time. Normally, dinner should be finished no later than 6pm

o 9:30 pm return to living quarters (unless teaching a lesson; then return by 10:00pm)…

o 11:00 pm retire to bed

Kinda crazy huh? It's a little different and I know that it'll bring miracles. It might be hard on me mentally at first. i know sometimes at the end of the night, I'm just done. But I'll be ok :) haha. 

Love,
Sister Roberts
羅姐妹

Best bakery in the world!

Love going to President's house!

Sister Wang!!!


How can you not love this!!!!




My Dad's friend Linda. She was on his team when he worked in China




Kellin from TaiDong!  She came to see me!!!!


Yum!!

Sister D!

Sister D and me


No comments:

Post a Comment