Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Week 56: English Boarding Miracle

Da Jia Hao! (Sorry too lazy to type characters)

I'm doing well. really well actually :) 

We saw some really cool miracles this week :) I'll just start with those. 

So, Tuesday was zone conference and it went really well. We went on exchanges afterwards the Nei Hu sisters. Which was super fun!!! I was with Sister Zang! And we had a lot of fun. Tuesday night we went english boarding. Because I am the english unit leader I organize english boarding and just try to help our english classes grow. Well I had prayed earlier to know where we should go english boarding. So Tuesday night we went and we all felt it went hi hao. Not too great. But then at english class, this cute girl named Iris comes in. She comes to my class :) Beginner. And I asked her how she found english class. She said yesterday when a tall white guy handed her an english tract. Well I asked her after class if she would be willing to meet with missionaries. she said yes. We met with her the next day. She set a baptismal date and then she came to all three hours of church on Sunday and said that it was amazing. :) I learned a lot from this experience. 1. God is guiding us. 2. I am being guided by Him. 3. English class is awesome. Haha that's just the few things that I learned but i'm really grateful because it was just a testimony to me that God is guiding His children to us and we are being guided to them. Iris actually lives in Ban Qiao but it's more convenient for her to meet with missionaries in Song shan so we got permission from the AP's to teach her. :D yay!!!! 

Then another cool little miracle that I was super 感動 (gan dong) by. Sunday night. The night of miracles :) Especially fast Sunday. Well we had 15 min to find and we prayed and felt to go to this park. So we get there and before we start, I grab a Book of Mormon. Which I don't normally do. I don't know why. But yea. We talk to these two girls walking. High school age. We talk to them and prayed for them and they asked us specifically to pray for their school. We did and one TX (tong xue) was like "It's really peaceful". We teach some more and ask if they can set up. The one TX was like "I can't. My mom will think it's a waste of time because I'm supposed to be studying" Well yea. So Sister Miller writes our numbers down on these chuan dan's and as she is doing that I'm kinda debating on whether or not I should give them the Book of Mormon. I haven't explained it at all or anything like that. But I was like "What the heck why am I questing whether or not I should? what's the worst that could happen?" So I did. I offered her the Book and just explain briefly the different between the Book of Mormon and Bible. And promised that she could read it whenever she felt stressed or anything like that. She takes it without hesitation and says "Wow thank you. I'm really glad you gave this to me because I really want to feel that peace. Just like the prayer you said" It was super cool. And I'm just so grateful God led us to be there at that time. She said that next year she would have time, and we were like Oh awesome when? She says September. So we grabbed her number and yea. 

We had a great week. We have some great progressing investigators. Lily, who was found from English class, and Iris, from English class. And Qui JM. She's a former and has come to church for a couple years but I don't know that missionaries have really met with her or not. But she set a baptismal date and is progressing :) And we actually had 8 investigators at church! Which is a lot!!! Sister Miller and I want to work on finding families this week. We as a zone made a goal to baptize a family before the end of the year. And I know we can do it. We just have to find them soon! 

Sorry this e-mail was so random. I just have so many thoughts... haha. 

I've really been praying for love this last week and I just want to testify that God hears our prayers. I've been praying for more love for this work, for God, this people, etc. And I have felt a difference just in a week. I have started to understand the magnitude of this calling. I have felt more love for what I'm doing, for this gospel and for Taiwan. I know that God hears our prayers no matter how small or insignificant they seem. I know that we can find peace and comfort through prayer and scriptures and church. I'm so grateful for everything that God has given us in order to be happy. I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to share the joy and peace that this church brings and I know that this church is God's true church once again on the Earth. 

Have a great week! And I promise I'll write a better e-mail next week!

Love,
Sister Roberts

羅姐妹

Who loves the Taiwan 101 building??? I do!

Taibei East Zone

Taibei East Zone Sisters

Zang JM

Iris (left)

My 101 again!




No comments:

Post a Comment