Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Week 57: New President & Pride of the World

大家好!!!!!

Well congratulations to Donald Trump... Serene (our RC) told us and we shang ke'd with her as the elections were going on. So we were all nervous about it. Anyway. 加油美國! It was pretty funny we had a lot of people comment about it. They were like "Trump" I had one guy in English class introduce his name as "Trump" Haha we all laughed.

This week we've been working a lot with LA's. And it's kinda worrisome. I realized how easy it is to go LA. and it just made me sad. My heart has been a little heavy this week. We've had a lot of people say "This is my plan...." Or "My plan to go back to church/get baptized is ___" And I just realized how real pride is. It truly is the gateway sin. We had a LA who told us that she had her plan to come back to church (She's an RC of about a year) and she had some members say things to her which offended her and yea. So she said she has a plan to come back in Jan. That she still reads and prays and is happy. And we asked her to do one thing and that was to Pray about what God wants. And she said "I don't want to make you sad when I refuse your invite...." And just went on about how she has her plan. And it just really made me sad. I've just been thinking a lot about what it means to be converted and how I can better help my investigators be more converted when they are baptized. 

Speaking of investigators, things are going well! President complimented us with our area last week and it was the best feeling ever!!! :D We have 4 really solid investigators right now. One we met last week at temple tours. Her name is Julie. She talks a LOT but she's incredible. She grew up in America and is super cool. She said she has always wanted to be baptized but has never had the opportunity. When we invited her to a date she said "YEA!!! Opportunity dao le!!!" Which means that her opportunity arrived! :D She was so cute! After she said that she high fived everyone in the room. Just me, Sister Miller, and our member. :) Soooo great. 

Iris is doing great! She went to church in her area which just shows she's prepared. I don't know if I already said this but she doesn't live in our area but we have permission to teach her because it's more fang bian for her. So yea :) She's soooo awesome and we love her so much! 

We met with another baptismal date investigator, Qiu JM. She is awesome and has been coming to church for 3 years. She wants to get baptized but she canceled her baptism date this week because she doesn't wanna put a time on it. She prays doesn't really read and comes to church. So she's making an effort. But she's just gotta do a little more. Her prayers are really general so we had a lesson just all about prayer and trying to over come her concern of baptism. Hasn't really done much yet... she just needs to act. 

Other than that, everything is good. I love being a missionary and I've just been working on being focused on the work. Not thinking about how long I've been here and how much time I have left, and I'm just working on being the missionary the God wants me to be. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!!!! Sorry if I don't say a lot or you really have no idea what's been going on with my life! I just get so overwhelmed trying to tell you how things are going! Sorry!!!! 

I know this gospel is real. Through prayer, my testimony was again strengthened and confirmed that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Joseph Smith is God's prophet and he really did restore this church. I love this work so much. I have so much faith in God and in Christ, in this work and I know that it's real. They are real. They love us so much. I love you all and I hope all have a great week!!!

Love,
Sister Roberts

Sister Luo







No comments:

Post a Comment