Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Week 51: Typhoon Ma? ... Typhoon :-)

HELLO,

First of all, I'm alive haha. The Typhoon was super fun actually. It was on Tuesday and we got to stay inside all day. Our house just leaked a little bit but it's all good. I just taped a bowl to the window to catch the drops. :) Pretty creative. Sister Wang laughed at me. Anyway, the Typhoon was pretty fun to watch and I just love Taiwan because they take Typhoon's like champs. In America everyone would freak out, but here they just tell everyone about it, tape their windows, put things inside, and then just watch the Typhoon. Actually there were a lot of people still outside, at least here in Taibei. Not a lot but a few. Then after the typhoon, they just clean up and fix all the trees and things that need to be fixed and that's it. Then prepare for the next one that might be coming this week haha. Love it. I love them :) 

We just stayed inside and called people all day. I loved the "break" but I never want it again. It was so unproductive and just I was more tired from a day sitting and talking to people then i was out and walking...weird.

Wednesday we had district meeting, and before that Serene had her baptismal interview and passed :) Of course! And then afterwards, Chen Yeye had his baptismal interview and passed but then we found out that he had a super unique life situation so actually he has to get permission from higher then president to get baptized. So we will see. Serene was going to be baptized on Sunday but then her mom took her out of town so now she is getting baptized on Tuesday. YAY!!!!!! 

Thursday we went on exchanges with Nei Hu sisters which was fun! Our schedule kind of ended up being weird but Sister Peck and I saw a cool miracle. We just arrived to this LA's house (that we've never met before) and I was like "oh darn, actually she might have moved." Sister Peck says "well maybe there's someone here that we are supposed to meet." I was like "You're probably right" so we turn around and start talking to this women and she accepts and almost set up with us but didn't because she couldn't promise us a time and said it gave her stress haha. Next week though :) 

Friday, we had MLC. Missionary Leader Council.  It was basically all day and I'm just so grateful I get to be a STL. I love being trained from President and Sister Jergensen. They are incredible and so in tune with the Spirit. Our key indicators are changing this week which will be fun. 

Saturday, we did temple tours. We were at the temple all day doing tours which was fun. I saw the Seevy's again!!!! And I was there when Brother Seevy found out that Paul got his mission call!!! WOOHOO!!!!!! SO FUN!!!!!

Sunday was fast sunday and I feel like for the first time I really felt the power of fasting. Probably just because it meant a lot to me. I had a lot I needed God's help with and I know that God is there. My testimony is always the same but I know He lives. He loves us all, and that the plan he has for us is real. It's so real. Like 100% real. :) 

I am so happy. I really feel like I'm doing alright as a missionary. And it's crazy to think that this time last year, is when I was preparing to go on a mission....wow. Time flies. Let's just not think about it haha. 

I love you all I know this work is God's work and I know that we see miracles here everyday. President said something at MLC that I loved. God is in the details of the details of the details of our lives. I know that's true. Trust in Him. :) I love you!!!! have a great week!!!!

Love,
Sister Roberts
Typhoon Tian :-)


Eago's baptism

I got to see members from Yilan!



Melissa goes home this week!!  Typical Abby :-)

I was able to see Lin DX at Fireside!!!

Taipei Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment